2017-2018 AA Top Teams

ballinup90

1 hour ago, Wilson5521 said:

Look what happened in the game last night was not classless it was letting a kid finish a personal goal. I know you may have never seen a kid reach a mile stone of 1000 points much less 2000 points. Yes there was a time-out called but the coach had told the reff prior to the basket what she was calling the time out for, And heaven forbid their was and a few seconds for her team mates and her coach to recognize her for the accomplishment. The starters came in for 2 plays in the fourth quarter that was it. If you dont want her to score her 2000 on you or your team dont turn the ball over. If you dont want to get beat by 60 work harder to get better. Its a game in the big picture it means nothing. All the kids involved are going to graduate some will go to collage and hopefully all of them will be successful in life in the end that is what we as fans and adults should be concerned with. 

They had 1 about two weeks ago, player scored 1000th against biggest rival. No stopping game, they did it before the next home game. 

Nobody said anything about the player reaching that goal. The coach did look silly prancing around with a quarter left. Do it after the game or prior to the first region game in front of home fans, even better.

4 hours ago, Indian said:

Scoring 2000 points, impressive

Scoring 2000th up 80-15 in the fourth quarter, with all the players and coach running on the neutral court for pictures with the game still going, not as impressive. 

+1,000. If you have another game in the future, and you know your player will more then likely get the award at the next game, then sit the player and let her get the award at the next game. If I was a defensive player and a starter came back in a blowout game just to get an accomplishment knowing he/she has a game in the future, I'll foul the heck out of that player. Then I'll walk off the court knowing I sent a message.

• Like 1

I agree it would have been nice for any player to reach that mildstone in front of their home crowd, but that is not always possible. It may just be me or maybe i just dont take stuff so personal. I have been to alot of games in alot of different gyms and i have seen this same thing done over and over. I have even set in cumberland countys gym and seen  a rival teams play score their 1000 point not only did their coach call a time out for them it was announced to the crowd what had just happened and belive it or not everyone  in the gym stood up and gave the player the recognition they earned. Im just saying as an adult we all have a different view of what is disrespectful but for me as a parent and a fan of the game I was not offended or upset by it. 

19 hours ago, EastTNfan20 said:

As far as tough schedules go,  South Greene has played four games with opponents ranked in AAA. Beat #6 AAA Dobyns-Bennett. Lost to #4 Morristown West twice by 2 points each time. And lost to #2 Bradley Central by 8 after SG was leading as much as 23-5 in the second quarter & Taylor Lamb had 32 points and 15 rebounds. They haven't had the chance to play any ranked AA teams but have shown that they can compete with AAA teams with no problem. They do play many teams in their District and Region who do not have a good winning percentage and that's probably why they aren't ranked very high on CoachT's schedule strength rankings.

Braelyn Wykle is getting back in the groove after her injury. I saw her against Morristown West and she shot very well. They should have beaten Morristown West, but West is a tough team who never quit.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Mw4vols said:

They didn't get to take their own referees with them. 

Though the entire game video was posted and several people commented on here about the refs not costing Cumberland Co. that game against McMinn Central, you still appear to be butt-hurt over it.  No one else agreed with you or your assessment.  

18 hours ago, EastTNfan20 said:

I remember two years ago you said that South Greene coming from a weak East TN wouldn't stand a chance against your district in the Class A state tournament. So I'm not sure you should take what is coming from him as gospel considering South Greene won back to back state championships. I agree with 'workinprogress' that in tournament time anything can happen and you should never count any team out if they are capable of making it that far. 

Ain't that the truth...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hohmaster said:

Though the entire game video was posted and several people commented on here about the refs not costing Cumberland Co. that game against McMinn Central, you still appear to be butt-hurt over it.  No one else agreed with you or your assessment.  

I believe there were more people who agreed that central has the ref advantage at home, than not.  Just because a couple of homers say they didn't see any bad calls, doesn't make it so. 

1 hour ago, Mw4vols said:

I believe there were more people who agreed that central has the ref advantage at home, than not.  Just because a couple of homers say they didn't see any bad calls, doesn't make it so. 

I think several agreed that MC is a tough pace to play and rarely will calls go the visiting team way. I still believe the coach relying to much on Dishman lost that game for CC. To may air balls from other CC shooters as well as missed easy shots. I will agree calls favored MC but not enough to change the game. Had MC lost by 1 or 2 I might agree. Go back and see how many fouls shots CC missed and how many air balls CC shot as well as shots in the paint. 

3 minutes ago, UTRok said:

I think several agreed that MC is a tough pace to play and rarely will calls go the visiting team way. I still believe the coach relying to much on Dishman lost that game for CC. To may air balls from other CC shooters as well as missed easy shots. I will agree calls favored MC but not enough to change the game. Had MC lost by 1 or 2 I might agree. Go back and see how many fouls shots CC missed and how many air balls CC shot as well as shots in the paint. 

What you just said was what everyone else said, some being neutral and didn't comment until after watching the video. McMinn Central feeds off the energy of their fans and student section, making it a tough place to play. Meigs County is the same way and I bet Cumberland Co is too. Calls tend to favor the home team, so this is nothing new. McMinn Central won by 9 points.
Cumberland's coach relying too much on one player is something I mentioned last week that Central's coach has been guilty of in the past. Dishman is a good player, but her coach didn't do her any favors in the game with Central.  Dishman can't do it all by herself.  

Does anyone know if Kaia Upton is healthy at East Nashville?  She messed up her knee last year, came back this year, but I heard earlier in the week she broke her leg.  I haven't seen East play this year.  As far as the favorites in AA, looking at the tourney bracket...once again, if Cheatham can get past district 10, our road isn't quite as tough as some.  Creekwood, more than likely, would be our sectional team out of that region.  I know they have improved, but we got them by 25 earlier this year.  If we get to there, looks like a Westview matchup would be next.  That would be a game to see.