2017-2018 AA Top Teams

ballinup90

I don’t see upperman losing from here on out. Not a homer to my district either. Just being honest. Which is kinda scary. Lots of young players and I’m pretty sure Levy has a younger sister coming up next year but I haven’t gotten to watch her. 

I had watched South Greene the past couple of years and thought they would be the ones to take UHS down this year. Lots of exciting games in the next week.  Nothing surprises me any more!

EDIT: I’m also not meaning any disrespect towards other teams. Just making a fun prediction. 

Edited by dctiger

23 hours ago, tssaafan said:

She was just a freshman last year.  I think Macon would have a chance at either place, but hoping they pull an upset tonight against Upperman.  Macon as a whole is playing pretty good right now.  I don't know if I would have said that a couple of weeks ago.  It just seems that we missed our graduating senior's heart for most of the season.  We still force a little too much at times and take some ill-advised shots, but are currently playing pretty good.  I think they have a shot at getting back to Mboro.

I take back what I said about Macon playing pretty good right now.  Last night was probably the worst game they have played all season.  Granted, the way Upperman shot the ball no one was going to beat them, but Macon's offensive game was a struggle to watch and Upperman's shooters were standing wide open.  Their offense was great to watch.  True, everyone has to always know where Levy is on the court, but all of their girls look to make the extra pass for a better shot, not just the first open shot they have.  The girls got outplayed on both ends of the floor and White, as good as he is at times, got out-coached.  Thought Macon had a shot this year of possibly beating them at some point but may not happen this year or the next few years.  Upperman has best group of young players in the district and they will only get better.  Hope Macon can pull it together for Saturday night.  Am going to try and make the game and maybe Macon will play a lot better.

Edited by tssaafan
grammar

35 minutes ago, tssaafan said:

I take back what I said about Macon playing pretty good right now.  Last night was probably the worst game they have played all season.  Granted, the way Upperman shot the ball no one was going to beat them, but Macon's offensive game was a struggle to watch and Upperman's shooters were standing wide open.  Their offense was great to watch.  True, everyone has to always know where Levy is on the court, but all of their girls look to make the extra pass for a better shot, not just the first open shot they have.  The girls got outplayed on both ends of the floor and White, as good as he is at times, got out-coached.  Thought Macon had a shot this year of possibly beating them at some point but may not happen this year or the next few years.  Upperman has best group of young players in the district and they will only get better.  Hope Macon can pull it together for Saturday night.  Am going to try and make the game and maybe Macon will play a lot better.

I think Larry did all he could.He keyed on the players that beat him the previous 3 games, then it left open shots for the youngsters and they stepped up. Upperman is long ,athletic quick with most of the players it hard for offenses to overcome. Hopefully the post that went down will be back. After that happened upperman took it to another level and game over.

37 minutes ago, Indian said:

Cumberland will be tough again next year. No seniors or at least no senior starters including a 2000+ scorer.

Cheatham is in the same boat.  They start 4 juniors and a sophomore.  The lone senior rotates starting with one of the juniors.  They return both 1,000 pt scorers.  Bench will be suspect, but they really only play 6 now. 

I'm sure Cumberland will be a good team next year but how did that 2000 point scorer help CC get to the glass house this year. We heard all year about how great CC and SG were and their Miss Basketball candidates that were all everything. Now once the real season starts and the competition heats up they are both out. Its hard to know how good some of these teams really are when they play weaker schedules.

3 hours ago, tssaafan said:

You're correct, no one should use this game as a measuring stick, Macon has a very good team.  They made it to State last year, and I think they're better this year and have a really good shot to get there again.  If they play like they did against CC, they'll be tough to beat.

I do not totally agree that Macon is better than they were last year.  I think we are better is some areas, but we are worse in some areas as well.  Defensively, as a total unit, we can put more pressure on the ball than last year but I think our shot selection is not as good as it was last year.  Too many 3s shot too early in the possession, often with the main rebounders still coming down the floor.

That being said, I am glad that we won at McMinn and that the girls played up to their potential for the most part.  Don't know anything about Cheatham County except that they have one loss and like to press.  Playing Cumberland and McMinn should help prepare Macon for what lies ahead on Thursday afternoon.