2017-2018 AA Top Teams

ballinup90

19 hours ago, RealisticFan45 said:

INTERESTING!

I don't know if you are referring to my statement. But the only reason I say that is because the region and district that Meigs and McMinn Central play in is down. And I don't see anyone who can beat them. But winning a substate game is a different story.

1 hour ago, SuperFan14A said:

Westview

Upperman

Peal Cohn

East Nashville

From what I saw this summer, a few players are going to have to step up for South Side. They're not as dominant, nor as intimidating as last year. 

I watched Westview 3 times this summer and they appear pretty dominant. 

Jackson SS just lost one of their main players to ACL. Westview is cream of crop in West TN this year - hopefully the lack of competition doesn’t catch up with them when it matters most.

Macon County will be decent as will Cumberland County who drops from AAA to AA. East Nashville and Pearl Cohn will both be good giving the slight edge to East Nashville with the better overall team.

Idk what East TN has...

9 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

Jackson SS just lost one of their main players to ACL. Westview is cream of crop in West TN this year - hopefully the lack of competition doesn’t catch up with them when it matters most.

Macon County will be decent as will Cumberland County who drops from AAA to AA. East Nashville and Pearl Cohn will both be good giving the slight edge to East Nashville with the better overall team.

Idk what East TN has...

Hold your horses!

I heard both East Nashville and Pearl Cohn lost last night. East Nashville to Franklin and Pearl-Cohn to Rossview. Both teams struggling and looking for production from other.  I'm sure all the hype & pressure coming into the season has an effect on some of the other players not use to playing as much!

I know it's still early and things may turn around, but....

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:13 AM, SJF said:

McMinn Central and Meigs Co. no doubt will play in a sub-state game! 

McMinn Central for sure and a good chance for Meigs, based on playing in a very weak region.  I don't see either team winning their sub state games though, but we'll see how the season goes.

10 hours ago, hohmaster said:

McMinn Central for sure and a good chance for Meigs, based on playing in a very weak region.  I don't see either team winning their sub state games though, but we'll see how the season goes.

Both teams are young but talented. McMinn I think has one senior and Meigs has three. I think they will finish 1-2 in district and region. Don't know who came out on top. McMinn lost a lot more than Meigs. But will still be good. Meigs lost one senior and will be deeper than McMinn. They have some good sophomores and freshmen. But yes I agree wining a substate game will be difficult especially for the team that has to travel. But there's always a chance if the young one develop.

3 hours ago, LilGoose10 said:

Cumberland County defeated Haywood 88-35 Saturday. Haywood was in the substate a year ago and has a girl that's signed with Memphis. Junior Gracee Dishman scored 44 for the Lady Jets

What Haywood did a year ago is of no concern because well, it was a year ago! They're a one woman team ( Jamirah Schutes ) and will struggle mightily this season. I'm sure that Jamirah scored most of those 35 points. The other girls need more work on fundamentals. CC should have scheduled a team like Memphis Central or Martin Westview if they were looking for better competition out west. I'm sure the CC coaches didn't know at the time of scheduling that this would be a down year for Haywood.