Waverly hosts Lewis County rd2

rednecktiger31

4 hours ago, wildcat89 said:

I agree with everything you just said except the few kids away from single A ball, didn't LC just move down from 3A, what's yalls enrollment numbers?

500. I meant past before the 3A thing happened. Not just football for LC but barely missed being 1A at times in different sports. IMO there would have been a few state titles won in Lewis County had they been playing closer to enrollment numbers instead of having to compete with teams such as Giles, Marshal, Spring Hill, Page and a couple of your better private schools. So to never say Lewis County didn't ever play nobody as one or two might say is dumb

Edited by Aa09

10 hours ago, Aa09 said:

500. I meant past before the 3A thing happened. Not just football for LC but barely missed being 1A at times in different sports. IMO there would have been a few state titles won in Lewis County had they been playing closer to enrollment numbers instead of having to compete with teams such as Giles, Marshal, Spring Hill, Page and a couple of your better private schools. So to never say Lewis County didn't ever play nobody as one or two might say is dumb

That’s the point ‘09. When LC has to compete with their own, they can’t! Good ole boy system has two guys in the T$$AA that makes sure LC is set in easy regions with those (1A) type schools you say LC should be playing.

Hence, 10-2 record with early round exits!

13 hours ago, Aa09 said:

3 hours ago, pizzpatriot said:

That’s the point ‘09. When LC has to compete with their own, they can’t! Good ole boy system has two guys in the T$$AA that makes sure LC is set in easy regions with those (1A) type schools you say LC should be playing.

PP, you are an idiot. Lewis County "competing with their own" according to you when they were in a district with Giles, Marshall, Spring Hill, and Page.

LC enrollment=500

Giles (820), Marshall (902), Page (1123), and Spring Hill (1053) are what you would consider "competing with their own? 

The teams in Region 5AA are all within 100 students of each other with the exception of CA. The multiplier kicks CA into the same enrollment bracket. 

I don't care how many "friends" anyone has with T$$AA, don't care if a coaches first-cousin's best friend's babysitter's brother cuts Bernard Childress' grass every week, you can't argue with enrollment numbers.

8 hours ago, TheStuff said:

PP, you are an idiot. Lewis County "competing with their own" according to you when they were in a district with Giles, Marshall, Spring Hill, and Page.

LC enrollment=500

Giles (820), Marshall (902), Page (1123), and Spring Hill (1053) are what you would consider "competing with their own? 

The teams in Region 5AA are all within 100 students of each other with the exception of CA. The multiplier kicks CA into the same enrollment bracket. 

I don't care how many "friends" anyone has with T$$AA, don't care if a coaches first-cousin's best friend's babysitter's brother cuts Bernard Childress' grass every week, you can't argue with enrollment numbers.

The enrollment numbers being mentioned, go back the past decade. Then the one after that. Then the one after that. The schools you mentioned didn’t have those type of enrollment numbers. When LC played those teams they were often at the end of a whipping stick! Funny how when they were in the same classification with those schools you just mentioned, they were in regions playing against lesser competition.

Good thing for the coaches first cousins best friend’s babysitter’s brother cutting Bernard Childress’s grass huh? Also known as the good ole boy system.

But hey, LC will look for another 9-2 or 10-2 season with another early round playoff exit next year!

1 hour ago, pizzpatriot said:

The enrollment numbers being mentioned, go back the past decade. Then the one after that. Then the one after that. The schools you mentioned didn’t have those type of enrollment numbers. When LC played those teams they were often at the end of a whipping stick! Funny how when they were in the same classification with those schools you just mentioned, they were in regions playing against lesser competition.

Good thing for the coaches first cousins best friend’s babysitter’s brother cutting Bernard Childress’s grass huh? Also known as the good ole boy system.

But hey, LC will look for another 9-2 or 10-2 season with another early round playoff exit next year!

I'd bet the farm that LC wished they had done everything possible to keep Creasy at home and coaching the panthers, he's won everywhere he's been at

Not to beat a dead horse, but, out of morbid curiosity, I did a check here on coacht. This is what I came across:

So, by reading this, I understand that LC has ALWAYS played a weak schedule, for at least going back a decade. And, obviously, I’m not the only one that figured this out. But, am I the only one that knows about the two buddies at the T$$AA?

• 3 years later...
On 11/3/2017 at 10:10 PM, pizzpatriot said:

Hope LC had a great season! 

On 11/4/2017 at 12:55 PM, pizzpatriot said:

It’ll be (another) great 10-2 season for LC with (another) early round playoff exit!

On 11/4/2017 at 4:04 PM, pizzpatriot said:

But LC is 10-1!! That’s power house record there!

On 11/10/2017 at 6:28 PM, pizzpatriot said:

10-2 for Lewis Co

Again!

On 11/10/2017 at 9:49 PM, pizzpatriot said:

Who would have ever thought it? LC with a 10-1 record and all! How can a team with a 10-1 record get put out so early in the playoffs, I wonder? Must have just been a fluke! That’s got to be it! Probably never happened before. Bet it wont happen next year either.

On 11/11/2017 at 6:58 AM, pizzpatriot said:

And, again!

On 11/13/2017 at 9:47 AM, pizzpatriot said:

On 11/13/2017 at 9:31 PM, pizzpatriot said:

Beating a dead horse, I guess. 

Anyone want to propose next years regular season AND playoff record? Shouldn't be that difficult. All one has to do is search coachT for the past 4-5 years and you can tell EXACTLY how it will go!