Waverly hosts Lewis County rd2

rednecktiger31

This will be a battle. 2 great football minds against eachother in the playoffs with McConnell & Sharp. This game has become a rival for sure, especially with McConnell facing his former staff Head Coach.

Waverly's offense will be tough to stop but with that being said... Waverly has a tough week of preparation with Lewis Co's 100 different formations. 

If Waverly can line up correctly on Defense against the Lewis Co Offense, and can keep the fire burning on the Offensive side of the ball, Waverly will outscore Lewis Co and win big.

This game will be all about momentum.

Tigers 49 Panthers 28

Waverly has scored 537 points in 10 games this season.  I'd like to think they would have a realistic shot at an all time mark had Franklin-Grace not cancelled on them back in September.  Your best chance to beat them is to do what Huntingdon and Fairview did and put yourself in a shootout type of scenario.  I don't think there are many teams in 2A that could beat Huntingdon or Fairview.  That's why Waverly is my pick to win the Gold Ball in 2A this year.  

• Like 1

Waverly still needs to tighten up of defense just a bit more. #1 and his crew for Waverly will have to show up for this one being it's a running based team. After seeing the scores from last night its telling me that R5 hasn't got anything Waverly can't handle but you better believe Lewis is going to bring it. Just hope they are not a team that likes to play a little dirty like Forrest did with the late hits and throwing punches. These slow starts for Waverly have got to stop also. Glad we got to play a little scrappy  team like Forrest to get back in sink. Looking forward to this WEEK!!

Edited by vandyfan1