Waverly hosts Lewis County rd2

rednecktiger31

22 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I heard from a guy i work with that lewis is very big which im not worried about that but what about their kicking game and special teams? How good are they against the pass?

They r very big . But ive heard that r speed is going to hurt them bad they have no where need the speed Waverly has. And there good against the run.. And r passing game will carve them up from what ive heard. Me i think its going to be a close game 

54 minutes ago, TRamrod38 said:

They are Sorry at Passing, as the coach doesn't know what a pass is and sorry at defending a pass as well. because all they know is how to run a football at Lewis Co. A team that passes the ball will have a field day with them, as any team will with a running and passing game. Lewis Co. will always be a 1st or 2nd round exit in the playoffs until they learn how to pass. They got the run down path really well as they have for 30 years. Until they have a mixed up game plan with the run and pass they will never get close to a GOLD BALL period. You have to keep the defense honest, if they know you run the ball 100 times a game they know how to defend you in the playoffs. Lewis Co. need to take notes this Friday Night, McConnell will show you why he left Lewis Co. NO PASSING.

Well if they can't stop the pass its going to be along night for lewis county cuz Waverly passes the ball alot and is really good in there pass game . I thought this would be a close game but everyone thinks Waverly is going to win big

1 hour ago, TRamrod38 said:

They are Sorry at Passing, as the coach doesn't know what a pass is and sorry at defending a pass as well. because all they know is how to run a football at Lewis Co. A team that passes the ball will have a field day with them, as any team will with a running and passing game. Lewis Co. will always be a 1st or 2nd round exit in the playoffs until they learn how to pass. They got the run down path really well as they have for 30 years. Until they have a mixed up game plan with the run and pass they will never get close to a GOLD BALL period. You have to keep the defense honest, if they know you run the ball 100 times a game they know how to defend you in the playoffs. Lewis Co. need to take notes this Friday Night, McConnell will show you why he left Lewis Co. NO PASSING.

Can you explain how Union City has been a top tier program? I understand that they throw about 4 passes per game, but they're no stranger to championship caliber football. All that is required to win in football is to outscore your opponent, and there are several different ways to do that, including running the ball. Sharp is a quality human being...he's a community cornerstone, who I'm sure has had offers over the years for the "bigger and better deal", yet has remained in Hohenwald and cemented Lewis County as a perennial frontrunner for the region championship, along with mentoring a 'couple of generations worth of young men. Every Board of Education who doesn't have that type of man running their program should be looking for one, and yet every program who has one seems to have a moron or two like yourself who doesn't appreciate the good, only looking for "better". The only thing that Coach Sharp hasn't accomplished is winning a state championship, and he may never get one...if he doesn't, it does not diminish what he has meant to Lewis County and Hohenwald.

• Like 1