Whitwell @ Gordonsville

TigerfootballFan

1 hour ago, croz6110 said:

Wow!

I don't know if I've ever seen Gordonsville put down this bad on here.

Granted, we're not some of our past teams, but I firmly believe the outcome of this game will be much different than most anticipate.

In the past that GV and SP have played the outcome was very surprising at times. I know a few times where we thought we'd win for sure and yall would beat us and vice-versa. All I can tell the Whitwell people is get there early if you want a seat.and you better be there to keep the boys fired up.

1 hour ago, TigerfootballFan said:

This will be a good game. Gordy has a very good running back. Gordy is playing one of the better defenses in 1A this week. Will be a challenge on both sides. I think a lot are just comparing the Clay county and TC games. Im sure Gordy will be prepared and fired up to play.

I seen Gordonsville play and I seen Whitwell play and from the eye test whitwell is 4-5 touchdowns better than Gordonsville whitwell has a great defense 

56 minutes ago, sportman said:

In the past that GV and SP have played the outcome was very surprising at times. I know a few times where we thought we'd win for sure and yall would beat us and vice-versa. All I can tell the Whitwell people is get there early if you want a seat.and you better be there to keep the boys fired up.

Yes, but this Gordonsville team isn't those you're thinking about from the past. 

2 hours ago, TigerfootballFan said:

This will be a good game. Gordy has a very good running back. Gordy is playing one of the better defenses in 1A this week. Will be a challenge on both sides. I think a lot are just comparing the Clay county and TC games. Im sure Gordy will be prepared and fired up to play.

There is quite a bit of comparing scores on here. Granted, it can tell you some things, but rarely does it tell the whole story.

Against Clay, Gville had 3 fumbles in the 1st quarter, and Clay only had about 220 total yards and half of that came on 2 plays.

Against TC, it was 14-0 at half and one of those scores was aided by a blown coverage earlier in the drive.

All of this is part of the game, but outside of some mistakes, these games would be different.

I will admit, the last 3 or 4 games have not been our best football, but if it comes together Friday, most will be surprised.

44 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

There is quite a bit of comparing scores on here. Granted, it can tell you some things, but rarely does it tell the whole story.

Against Clay, Gville had 3 fumbles in the 1st quarter, and Clay only had about 220 total yards and half of that came on 2 plays.

Against TC, it was 14-0 at half and one of those scores was aided by a blown coverage earlier in the drive.

All of this is part of the game, but outside of some mistakes, these games would be different.

I will admit, the last 3 or 4 games have not been our best football, but if it comes together Friday, most will be surprised.

Maybe the clay co game but the TC wasn’t never close it wasn’t hard to tell who was the better team and TC had 3 starters at skill positions that didn’t even play until you see what whitwell is all about then you will understand why some people are say whitwell by 3-5 TD’s I think you will be surprised with how good whitwell is they aren’t a flashy team just a tuff hard nosed team that plays hard and that has speed on defense and offense they match up very well and controlled TC speed and surprisingly has as just much speed as TC and I know the problems Gordonsville OL has playing against speed on defense Gordonsville will have a very hard time moving the ball Friday night 

51 minutes ago, RTD said:

Maybe the clay co game but the TC wasn’t never close it wasn’t hard to tell who was the better team and TC had 3 starters at skill positions that didn’t even play until you see what whitwell is all about then you will understand why some people are say whitwell by 3-5 TD’s I think you will be surprised with how good whitwell is they aren’t a flashy team just a tuff hard nosed team that plays hard and that has speed on defense and offense they match up very well and controlled TC speed and surprisingly has as just much speed as TC and I know the problems Gordonsville OL has playing against speed on defense Gordonsville will have a very hard time moving the ball Friday night 

I agree with the speed talk for sure. Just the few games I watched from gordansville they don’t have much of it but what they do have is a great run blocking line who could possibly open up some holes. We will see though 

I see all this talk on here talking about how great whitwells defense is but I don’t think they have played a run game like ours and I was talking with the HC who is very good at finding a weakness on teams and exposing them and from the sounds of it he is very confident. And are whitwells “studs” that good or just lack of competition they play? 

42 minutes ago, GVille89 said:

I see all this talk on here talking about how great whitwells defense is but I don’t think they have played a run game like ours and I was talking with the HC who is very good at finding a weakness on teams and exposing them and from the sounds of it he is very confident. And are whitwells “studs” that good or just lack of competition they play? 

I'm sure he feels confident. We believe here at Whitwell that Coach Coley is one of the better DC's in 1A. I have been impressed with how he gameplans every week. SP and TC have better run games than Gordy. Coach Coley will have the defense ready without a doubt. I guess you will find out about those "Studs" Friday night.

52 minutes ago, GVille89 said:

Whitwell has faced a Runner as good as Their own! I promise u they have! #22 for south pitt is Very good and so is Raulston! They have seen good backs and a good line! I have seen all 3 play and i dont see Gordy beating Whitwell! I would like to see it but i dont think that will happen! I still believe Givens needs to be fed all he can and will get his yardage IF he can handle that Whitwell D! Good luck Gordy!

1 hour ago, GVille89 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=7676808

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, TigerfootballFan said:

I'm sure he feels confident. We believe here at Whitwell that Coach Coley is one of the better DC's in 1A. I have been impressed with how he gameplans every week. SP and TC have better run games than Gordy. Coach Coley will have the defense ready without a doubt. I guess you will find out about those "Studs" Friday night.

Hope they are a physical bunch cause they will take some shots