Has Ricky Bowers lost the team at Ensworth

zoneread56

2 hours ago, bigchief said:

As well as a guy that built a 300 student powerhouse for years over on Granny White. People forget how dominant Carlton Flatt was playing at the highest classifications even. He is the reason for the D1-D2 split. to begin with. Just  ask that guy in aluminum city. If he can ever stop talking about himself maybe he will admit it also.

Cleveland and a little ole school in Jasper may have had a bit to do with that split

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

3 hours ago, Spartan4Life said:

On a different note.

When will Maryville play a BA, Ensworth, or MBA? I love how Whitehaven decided to play some of the state champs from other classifications. They lost to Lausanne who most people didn't think had a shot against Whitehaven. And Lausanne inst even one of the big privates. :shock:

Whitehaven and Lausanne Collegiate School are 18 miles apart. Maryville's non-region schedule was Catholic, Oakland (runner up), Alcoa (state champion), and Fulton. We have a game scheduled with last years 5A Champs on Friday at 7:00 PM EST.

41 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

Whitehaven and Lausanne Collegiate School are 18 miles apart. Maryville's non-region schedule was Catholic, Oakland (runner up), Alcoa (state champion), and Fulton. We have a game scheduled with last years 5A Champs on Friday at 7:00 PM EST.

Maryville did have a very tough non region schedule. Wasn't knocking it. The teams i mentioned are typically a step above above all of those however. BA mopped the floor with a very talented Knox Catholic team 56-14. A team that pushed you all to the limit. It's just another level when you look at the D2-AAA. That's why I would love to see the best Publics, Maryville, Oakland, Whitehaven, etc. Play the BA's Ensworth's, MBA's etc. It would be pretty cool and I imagine make quite a bit of money.

I think its pretty obvious who the best team in the state is this year though however, so it may not be as entertaining as it typically could be. 

Edited by Spartan4Life

Correct me if I am wrong, but I have been told that Div 1 teams TOTAL records for playoff seeding count; regardless if they play all Div 1 or play some Div 2 teams as well.  This, I think,  creates a total disincentive for any Div 1 teams to play the Div 2 AAA teams.   It sure would be nice if the TSSAA would give the Div 1 schools a "hall pass" and allow them to play one game outside of their classification (propose that  it could be outside their D1 class or it could be any D2 school) that would NOT count for playoff seeding.  With freakin' 9 classifications just about every team that wins 3-4 games makes playoffs  anyway but this really would make it more likely for top publics to play top privates solely for the experience and competition and it would have ZERO bearing on their playoff seeds.  I would think this would also open up the likelihood for example that a D1 4A would play a crosstown 5A or 6A team as well which would be fun for those communities.    

Unfortunately also agree that BA is ridiculously good this year.  They are the best HS team I have seen in state in the 20 years I have lived here.  That said, they still gotta play 3 more good games to finish!

10 minutes ago, g33 said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I have been told that Div 1 teams TOTAL records for playoff seeding count; regardless if they play all Div 1 or play some Div 2 teams as well.  This, I think,  creates a total disincentive for any Div 1 teams to play the Div 2 AAA teams.   It sure would be nice if the TSSAA would give the Div 1 schools a "hall pass" and allow them to play one game outside of their classification (propose that  it could be outside their D1 class or it could be any D2 school) that would NOT count for playoff seeding.  With freakin' 9 classifications just about every team that wins 3-4 games makes playoffs  anyway but this really would make it more likely for top publics to play top privates solely for the experience and competition and it would have ZERO bearing on their playoff seeds.  I would think this would also open up the likelihood for example that a D1 4A would play a crosstown 5A or 6A team as well which would be fun for those communities.    

Unfortunately also agree that BA is ridiculously good this year.  They are the best HS team I have seen in state in the 20 years I have lived here.  That said, they still gotta play 3 more good games to finish!

Overall record is said to be the first tie breaker, but really it’s the second.  If you are 3-3 in your division and so is another team, head to head record would be looked at first, then overall wins, the a bunch of other stuff down to a coin flip...

6 hours ago, Spartan4Life said:

On a different note.

When will Maryville play a BA, Ensworth, or MBA? I love how Whitehaven decided to play some of the state champs from other classifications. They lost to Lausanne who most people didn't think had a shot against Whitehaven. And Lausanne inst even one of the big privates. :shock:

On that note.

Alcoa has scheduled private schools.  Webb is 0-11. against the Tornadoes!

9 hours ago, bigchief said:

Riverdale was loudest and proudest. Jasper was 2nd. Lewis County 3rd.

Funny how he calls about every private school opening he thinks might be a 6 figure position. Even asking that.

And yes, Goons, he DOES make those calls.

Bigchief is bringing it ITT. Good stuff. Not sure why Alcoa's recruiting coordinator would be mentioned in the same breath as the GOAT but I suppose east TN folks don't remember the perineal losses he took from BA when he was at Riverdale. Absolutely was the reason for the split IMO. 

1 hour ago, g33 said:

I'd like to see week zero, opening week, whatever it's called, kept free for all teams each year. Let the tssaa schedule each team, pair up non-region opponents within a reasonable distance, that were virtually even regardless of Division or Class. Teams play at home one year and away the next, matchups would be different each year.

If possible, start with 6A champ vs D2-AAA Champ and go from there, maybe with some expense paid for the road team. Beyond the state champ games, others would be at most 75-90 miles away.

Yes some teams would go down in strength from year to year but you could use the previous year's ending values as a starting point.

This would help teams that have trouble getting a 10 game schedule and no, wouldn't count in playoff qualifications.

2 hours ago, Indian said:

I'd like to see week zero, opening week, whatever it's called, kept free for all teams each year. Let the tssaa schedule each team, pair up non-region opponents within a reasonable distance, that were virtually even regardless of Division or Class. Teams play at home one year and away the next, matchups would be different each year.

If possible, start with 6A champ vs D2-AAA Champ and go from there, maybe with some expense paid for the road team. Beyond the state champ games, others would be at most 75-90 miles away.

Yes some teams would go down in strength from year to year but you could use the previous year's ending values as a starting point.

This would help teams that have trouble getting a 10 game schedule and no, wouldn't count in playoff qualifications.

Yea that would be good. I agree. Too many teams have only 9 games. And the split between private and public Ian becoming wider and wider.