Oakdale Basketball

VFL44

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think OD missed their rare chance a couple years ago. Not a bad group this year overall, but weaker than the last couple of years. One really good player and 5 or 6 possible contributors...solid to pretty good.  A couple of those 5 or 6 would have to be better than M. Smith has been the last couple of years for them to make a postseason run. That's pretty doubtful.   

Coalfield should win that district talent-wise, but a new coach and roster of football kids may never be able to get things together. They weren't able to last year on a consistent basis. Missing 3+ weeks together practice-wise may hamper them all year. WB should be pretty decent as well. CF, WB, OD should battle for top three, 2nd group of Harriman, RW and Oneida.  OS, MW & SB likely at the bottom.  

10 hours ago, goosevol said:

Don't sleep on Harriman. 

Yea, they have been mentioned a time or two. They'll still have a good shot at top 4, but lost what, top 6 players? Going in, CF is the team that potentially has a state tourney roster , but will start waaaaay behind the 8 ball with little or no practice time for all but maybe one of their top 10 or 11 players. Plus a new coach. WB, OD also start ahead of Harriman. Who knows though, maybe they can move up some as the season progresses. 

Going into the season I had this.....

1. Coalfield

2. Wartburg

3. Harriman

4. Oakdale

5. Oneida

6. Rockwood

7. Sunbight

8. Oliver Springs

9. Midway

But I have seen a few scores that may have me thinking things a little different.

Such as....

Could Oakdale and Oneida climb higher, could Harriman struggle a little bit after losing so many from last year, is wartburg to high, etc

I think the top 5 can make some noise come Feb.

On 11/22/2017 at 11:35 AM, VFL44 said:

OD beats Clinton easily for the second time this season 92-70 OD is looking like they're the team to beat in the district 

I think anytime a school with 180 beats a school with 1200, that's pretty solid. Clinton is really, really mediocre though, even if they were a school of 500.  But still, I like it for OD.

2 hours ago, Cookevegas3 said:

Going into the season I had this.....

1. Coalfield

2. Wartburg

3. Harriman

4. Oakdale

5. Oneida

6. Rockwood

7. Sunbight

8. Oliver Springs

9. Midway

But I have seen a few scores that may have me thinking things a little different.

Such as....

Could Oakdale and Oneida climb higher, could Harriman struggle a little bit after losing so many from last year, is wartburg to high, etc

I think the top 5 can make some noise come Feb.

No doubt CF is the favorite roster-wise, but they'll probably start slowly with so many football kids/ so little practice time.  Mckinney is probably out for an extended period, so that will give others a much better shot this year than they had with him healthy.

Edited by CAH09

On 11/28/2017 at 6:29 PM, CAH09 said:

No doubt CF is the favorite roster-wise, but they'll probably start slowly with so many football kids/ so little practice time.  Mckinney is probably out for an extended period, so that will give others a much better shot this year than they had with him healthy.

Have heard the extent of how bad his injury is? I know in his picture the other day he was wearing some kind of boot.

14 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

Have heard the extent of how bad his injury is? I know in his picture the other day he was wearing some kind of boot.

Not really. Speculation sounded bad early on...but last "hearsay" I heard was back by Christmas. 2nd or 3rd hand though. But it did sound like he'd be back at some point. 

Looks like Oakdale is exceeding expectations with 15 point win over Harriman and 102-67 massacre of Wartburg. Even though it is early Oakdale looks to be the top team in the district. Jackson Hicks has to be the clear favorite for player of the year especially after tonight triple double 43points 10 AST 10 Reb and didn't play last 5 min of the game. 

Edited by Vols2016