D2 AA Upset Alert

BreadTruck28

9 minutes ago, Kublah said:

Not sure if I'd call USJ-BGA an upset. If you swapped their schedules, they'd have the same record.

From what I've seen, USJ is a slight favorite. If I was a gambling man -- which I am -- I'd make them a three point favorite. 

I don't think either team can stop the other, but USJ is bigger and better up front.

USJ should be able to run the ball on BGA and control the clock a bit. USJ has an athletic D-line that can pressure BGA's QB. Seems like he can throw pretty on the run though, so that might backfire!

You may be right. I felt like BGA handled Evangelical and Harding better than USJ, but that’s a hard thing to really quantify.  

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Spartan4Life said:

I'd like if you guys actually let him get in space. I know CPA is going to try to stop that before it ever starts. Im excited to see the lions stadium for the first time. 

Well the good news is it was sunny today and is supposed to be tomorrow also.  It can get a bit slippery when wet. No track around the field and not a lot of sideline room so seats are close to the action. 

52 minutes ago, Spartan4Life said:

I'd like if you guys actually let him get in space. I know CPA is going to try to stop that before it ever starts. Im excited to see the lions stadium for the first time. 

CPA has beautiful facilities! Super nice people as well. Great hospitality.

CPA and USJ had some great games against each other 15 or so years ago in the old 1A days. Geez, has it been that long already!!!

Edited by Kublah

28 minutes ago, Kublah said:

CPA has beautiful facilities! Super nice people as well. Great hospitality.

CPA and USJ had some great games against each other 15 or so years ago in the old 1A days. Geez, has it been that long already!!!

Yep, 2000, 2001, 2002 (twice) - once in the championship game and one a semifinal I think.  Most of the players now were just being born.  Make you feel old? :(

11 hours ago, bcd said:

I’m going with FRA. I know it’s the most unlikely on paper, but I have a gut feeling it won’t play out exactly like it should. Lausanne hasn’t lost in a while and everyone eventually has a bad game. I think the FRA skilled positions could have the game of their year. 

I know, it’s a big long shot...

10 hours ago, bcd said:

LOL... with that description it sounds like you have no experience in such!

Webbs scares me, I feel they would definitely be second to the USJ / BGA line if not tied.  

Spartan4Life needs to spill what starter is out.  Spartan4Life, say who and I’ll tell you a CPA starter out this week...

let Booger let u in on sumthin BCD dont no.......cause Booger nose stuff

the closest FRA will b to winnin gainst Luzanne will b win the Zebra toots his whistle for the opnin kickoff...it only gets worse from there

......if Webb scares u, then u r awful tender......Haslam Pilot Petroleum dont have the not one piece in the trenches to make this scary for the Lions.....skilled yes......but this game ant played like that.....this ant 7v7 bein played tonight

DII-AA has only 2 valid matchups this day of the Worlds Deadliest Fightin Machine's 242 Birthday.....

Baptist verses Catholics &  BGA verses Episcopals of Jackson

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

I actually think that USJ will beat BGA and would consider them the favorite in my opinion. I think Webb has a shot but in the end CPA pulls it out. From everything I’m seeing on here, FRA shouldn’t cause Lausanne much difficulty unless their playmakers show up to have the game of their lives. So I will go with GCA over ND as my upset. Don’t think it will happen, but considering how close it was last time (just seen score, haven’t actually watched the game) I think they have the best chance to pull it off. 

3 minutes ago, WilsonJr1990 said:

I actually think that USJ will beat BGA and would consider them the favorite in my opinion. I think Webb has a shot but in the end CPA pulls it out. From everything I’m seeing on here, FRA shouldn’t cause Lausanne much difficulty unless their playmakers show up to have the game of their lives. So I will go with GCA over ND as my upset. Don’t think it will happen, but considering how close it was last time (just seen score, haven’t actually watched the game) I think they have the best chance to pull it off. 

theres a better chance of Hillary wearin a cold weather parker

Booger just sayin Hell-Freezes-Over.jpg

14 hours ago, bcd said:

I’m going with FRA. I know it’s the most unlikely on paper, but I have a gut feeling it won’t play out exactly like it should. Lausanne hasn’t lost in a while and everyone eventually has a bad game. I think the FRA skilled positions could have the game of their year. 

I know, it’s a big long shot...

I think your gut feeling is dead wrong. There is a reason Lausanne hasnt lost in a while. The reason they will win Friday is the same; they are the better team. FRA passes the eye test. They have athletes, but they are horribly coached.