D2 AA Upset Alert

BreadTruck28

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This season had the chance to video BGA, FRA, and CPA and from what I saw from the sidelines CPA is the best and most complete team.   Thye can run or pass, have very good kickers with good special team play.  However now with the injuries that may have it may change it a little, but I still think CPA is the best team from the mid-state for sure.   Not to discredit BGA who is very hard to stop. All of BGA's success rides on their QB. 

My 2 cents....

So, BGA vs. Lausanne:

First of all, BGA is for real. 

BGA's strengths are execution in the passing game, pass rush and their secondary. BGA's weakness is defending the power run game. For some reason, USJ went away from the power-I run game they'd been succeeding with the past few games and tried to beat BGA at their own game. It didn't work.

Lausanne won't do that. While BGA is really good, they don't match up well with Lausanne. Lausanne has a big O-line, a super back and a speedy secondary.

The way to beat BGA is to run up the gut, control the clock and keep the ball out of QB Martin's hands. Stay out of third and longs.

I haven't seen any of the FRA game, but I'm guessing FRA caught Lausanne sleeping. I expect BGA will have Lausanne's full attention. If not, BGA is good enough to win.

3 hours ago, Kublah said:

So, BGA vs. Lausanne:

First of all, BGA is for real. 

BGA's strengths are execution in the passing game, pass rush and their secondary. BGA's weakness is defending the power run game. For some reason, USJ went away from the power-I run game they'd been succeeding with the past few games and tried to beat BGA at their own game. It didn't work.

Lausanne won't do that. While BGA is really good, they don't match up well with Lausanne. Lausanne has a big O-line, a super back and a speedy secondary.

The way to beat BGA is to run up the gut, control the clock and keep the ball out of QB Martin's hands. Stay out of third and longs.

I haven't seen any of the FRA game, but I'm guessing FRA caught Lausanne sleeping. I expect BGA will have Lausanne's full attention. If not, BGA is good enough to win.

I was hoping that someone would have some BGA analysis. I do believe your are right about FRA sneaking up a little bit on Lausanne last week and would be surprised if it were to happen again. That’s not to say Lausanne wins going away or anything like that, but I definitely think last week was a wake up call. 

Along with not appearing to be fully locked in, Lausanne made a couple of brutal mistakes early which is why they were trailing. After being forced to punt on their first drive, the snap was a little bit low and the punter went down to catch it. Unfortunately for him, he was on his knee so FRA got the ball at the Lausanne 30. After FRA scored, Lausanne threw a pick-6 to make the early 14-0 lead. 

Aside from analysis, I saw two of the best catches I have ever seen in high school football Friday night. #6 for FRA poked one out of the air one handed for FRA’s first TD. Then later in the first half, #25 for Lausanne went up over the top of an FRA defender (I believe it was actually #6 ironically enough), tipped the ball to himself and finished the diving catch in the endzone. If you like good catches, you should go try to find those two if they game is posted online. 

Are there any BGA posters on here? Would love to have some back and forth about the upcoming game!

That synopsis is pretty accurate on BGA. They have really come into their own the last 4 weeks. Plus they have gotten healthy with a couple DL and 230lb running back, back. The skill positions are outstanding, as the receivers have made QB look really good. They have always been good on offense, but the difference is the D. The first team D has given up 4 TDs the last 7 games. The way they win is similar to the old Colts. Get a lead early and force the other team to pass to catch up. Pass rush with #53 and # 15 are really good and the secondary is very athletic. They aren't big upfront so they can give up runs up the middle. Also they are one of the best coached teams in the state. Almost no penalties or turnovers or mistakes. Lausanne definatly the favorite, but BGA is scrappy and won't back down, but probably will get worn down. Prediction Lausanne 28 BGA 24