South Pittsburg vs Whitwell (Grider against this Boldin man again)

Roy Dillard

I am guessing that 22 is ok?  someone said he got banged up last night but i havent seen him mentioned so that is good.  Shrum broke his collarbone, in the vame in the second half up by 50 points.   definitely shouldnt have been in the game that late.  Mc had their starters in last night late so all of us were holding our breath everytime Saylors,  Nelson or samson would carry it.  Sbould be a good rematch, but i am guessing 1/3 of the county will be in chattanooga.  Good luck to both squads.

May I ask a question of the people who actually went to the first game Not people who heard this or that? In the first game Whitwell had two long runs and one drive that was aided by one of the crappiest spots I've ever seen. Besides that what makes you think that they are more than a solid team who is still a step behind. Do we need to pass more? I think so but we didn't in the first game. I think our defense is peaking now. As I said before last night's game I think the biggest surprise is the Tipton kid on both sides of the ball. They have 3 talented kids but I think we have more overall talent. If Cade is ready we can do some things. Sometimes all you need is the threat of a pass to open a hole. Going to be a good game but still PIRATES vs tigers. Do they have any doubts? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MrLegit said:

May I ask a question of the people who actually went to the first game Not people who heard this or that? In the first game Whitwell had two long runs and one drive that was aided by one of the crappiest spots I've ever seen. Besides that what makes you think that they are more than a solid team who is still a step behind. Do we need to pass more? I think so but we didn't in the first game. I think our defense is peaking now. As I said before last night's game I think the biggest surprise is the Tipton kid on both sides of the ball. They have 3 talented kids but I think we have more overall talent. If Cade is ready we can do some things. Sometimes all you need is the threat of a pass to open a hole. Going to be a good game but still PIRATES vs tigers. Do they have any doubts? 

What kind of mess is this? I garuntee you our passer cant throw the ball.  That Bouldin man is going to have six or seven down lineman and it will be hard to nock a hole in the line.  You think im joking but im not. 

43 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

I am guessing that 22 is ok?  someone said he got banged up last night but i havent seen him mentioned so that is good.  Shrum broke his collarbone, in the vame in the second half up by 50 points.   definitely shouldnt have been in the game that late.  Mc had their starters in last night late so all of us were holding our breath everytime Saylors,  Nelson or samson would carry it.  Sbould be a good rematch, but i am guessing 1/3 of the county will be in chattanooga.  Good luck to both squads.

I saw 22 for just a second this morning and he looked fine but looks don't always tell the whole story. But at the time that he went out of the game it was still close. So it wasn't like other injuries when the game was already decided.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, MrLegit said:

Whitwell doesn't have a chance SP wins big. 14 and 22 both will be out Friday. That puts Whitwell in a big hole to start. Also like you said, We only have 3 talented kids to start with. 

Edited by TigerfootballFan

1 hour ago, TigerfootballFan said:

Whitwell doesn't have a chance SP wins big. 14 and 22 both will be out Friday. That puts Whitwell in a big hole to start. Also like you said, We only have 3 talented kids to start with. 

I meant the 3 most talented players. My bad. Hope y'all are at full strength

You have more talent in Whitwell in your junior and senior classes than any other place in the county. 

You act like nobody is giving whitwell a chance. Everyone knows they are a good ball team and will be next year. After that good luck for a while. If whitwell does beat sp this week all of whitwell is gonna act like this is the best team to ever come out of the whole county including you. I think whitwells all around team speed is better along with more athletes. This year's sp team is average. Nothing special, just fundamental football, good coaching and alot of heart.  Sp has been so spoiled with our past football teams it's just ridiculous. If sp offense plays the way they have been they will get beat this week for sure. Either way we all should just be happy with all sp jasper and whitwell representing the county again this coming Friday night.

3 hours ago, MrLegit said:

You had 2 long runs that were at the start of both halves, one on 4th down, you only had 1 drive that sustained and  was driven through the redzone and for a score.   

The last 20 minutes of the game, I watched the tigers offensively settle down and start pushing you guys off the ball upfront, you were noticeably gassed by many of your own fans admission.   

The Tigers finished the game the way you guys started it.  

Not to mention Coach Bouldin never really dug very deep into his playbook, he stayed very basic and pounded the rock , all with a backup QB that is nowhere near the same athlete as Ashworth, but a solid QB nonetheless.

The Tigers have every reason to be confident about this matchup.   

In order for them to win, I believe Warner will have to play turnover free football and make some plays with his arm, they’re going to have to spread the ball around to their playmakers, control the line of scrimmage, make a play on special teams and or force a meaningful turnover or two.  Coach Bouldin can’t let Coach Grider control the first 3 quarters of the game like he did the first time around.

I think whichever team has the most success in the air ( as long as they take care of business on the ground ) very well could be the  winner of this one.

I’m very excited about watching this one!!! Whoever wins or loses , I just hope it lives up to the first one !

Edited by ImaSavage