Lake Co @ Memphis Hillcrest

mrbigster

Against Sf, they tried throwing the ball quite a bit. Had a lot of mistakes with the weather. They have quite a bit of athletisicm on both sides of the ball to go along with size

They loaded the box on defense but we had success to an extent running off tackle with our big boys. Y'all should match them speed for speed I believe. 

We (Sf) were tied 6 6 I believe in the 3rd quarter and Hillcrest got an intentional grounding penalty in the end zone to give us a safety and go up 8 6. Well on the ensuing kickoff with the punt style kick our kids seen the punt and took it as a normal punt. Let the ball roll and hillcrest downed the ball on the 2 yard line and punched it in. Player/coach mistake there that took any moment we had and you could tell it. We played in a panic the 4th quarter and let it go. 

Good luck to lake co, I'll be pulling for you guys!!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Devil_Alumni said:

Against Sf, they tried throwing the ball quite a bit. Had a lot of mistakes with the weather. They have quite a bit of athletisicm on both sides of the ball to go along with size

They loaded the box on defense but we had success to an extent running off tackle with our big boys. Y'all should match them speed for speed I believe. 

We (Sf) were tied 6 6 I believe in the 3rd quarter and Hillcrest got an intentional grounding penalty in the end zone to give us a safety and go up 8 6. Well on the ensuing kickoff with the punt style kick our kids seen the punt and took it as a normal punt. Let the ball roll and hillcrest downed the ball on the 2 yard line and punched it in. Player/coach mistake there that took any moment we had and you could tell it. We played in a panic the 4th quarter and let it go. 

Good luck to lake co, I'll be pulling for you guys!!

Thanks Devil

9 hours ago, willie2888 said:

Unfortunately they will have only parental and alumni support. It's a small school in a big district on the verge of being closed. Good luck to LC. There's nothing like traveling into another city to play some football and it's good for the state. Had never heard of Lake County but now you guys are one of the schools I can add to my list of good football programs across the state.

9 hours ago, willie2888 said:

Unfortunately they will have only parental and alumni support. It's a small school in a big district on the verge of being closed. Good luck to LC. There's nothing like traveling into another city to play some football and it's good for the state. Had never heard of Lake County but now you guys are one of the schools I can add to my list of good football programs across the state.

Thanks Willie .Lake Co has won 2 state titles in football and about 4 runnerups .Also won a state title in basketball about 6 years ago and a runnerup the next year .Keep losing players to Dyersburg and Dyer Co.Best athlete is a senior at Dyersburg now.Anyway,thought Westwood had a better team than what I thought going in.Seemed to be well coached and represented themselves well on the field and after the game.Had a skirmish among a couple of their own players on the sidelines but probably was just maybe someone thinking a teammate not doing his job.