Round 3 Raleigh -Egypt @ Covington

CHARGERFAN

FYI ... this is unconfirmed, but I just learned, from a close source to the family, that the RE running back has quite a few offers, especially since he broke the Shelby County TDs in a single season record, and one of those offers is from BAMA as a DB. I also heard that Florida is in the mix ... but I'm not sure about the position.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JoeBlow777 said:

Big game tonight! Both coaches have playoff experience, both teams are good teams. I am basing my pick off of competition. Covington has played several teams that are on RE's level. RE has not played a team yet on Covington's level. I'll go with covington by 4-7 points. I think RE's kicking game will end up biting them. They will fail to convert a couple of 2 point attempts that will decide the game. 

I think RE's strength of schedule is good enough for them to win tonight. RE has dominated when they were suppose to dominate. They never lost focus and played down to the competition. They have shown the same level of competence when they have faced other Region 7-3A opponents. Region 7-6A Arlington is on Covington's level, so ... then there is that.

I don't think Covington has played a team that is statistiaclly dominant in stopping the run AND keeping their opponents out of the end zone like RE does. RE's kicking games isn't broke and I don't believe that it is going to a liability that will cause a 4-7 point swing.

Covington's pass game hasn't been tested consitently all season. Covington's offensive philosophy and strength plays into the hands of RE's defensive philosophy. Both defenses are good, but how many times will Covington have to pass the ball, when they don't want to? RE has three DB's with 3 or more picks. How many does the Covington QB throw tonight ... passing more then they normally do? Will throwing ill advised passes because of necessity be a deterrant or adversity to great to overcome? May not be a factor, then again, it might,

Too many ways for this game to go for me to call it. This is anybody's game. The team with the less mental misques will probably win.

May everyone play an injury freegame. Safe travels up to Covington and back home to Memphis. Pharohes ... go beat the Chargers!

Edited by kwc

30 minutes ago, kwc said:

I think RE's strength of schedule is good enough for them to win tonight. RE has dominated when they were suppose to dominate. They never lost focus and played down to the competition. They have shown the same level of competence when they have faced other Region 7-3A opponents. Region 7-6A Arlington is on Covington's level, so ... then there is that.

I don't think Covington has played a team that is statistiaclly dominant in stopping the run AND keeping their opponents out of the end zone like RE does. RE's kicking games isn't broke and I don't believe that it is going to a liability that will cause a 4-7 point swing.

Covington's pass game hasn't been tested consitently all season. Covington's offensive philosophy and strength plays into the hands of RE's defensive philosophy. Both defenses are good, but how many times will Covington have to pass the ball, when they don't want to? RE has three DB's with 3 or more picks. How many does the Covington QB throw tonight ... passing more then they normally do? Will throwing ill advised passes because of necessity be a deterrant or adversity to great to overcome? May not be a factor, then again, it might,

Too many ways for this game to go for me to call it. This is anybody's game. The team with the less mental misques will probably win.

May everyone play an injury freegame. Safe travels up to Covington and back home to Memphis. Pharohes ... go beat the Chargers!

I know our DBs have at least nine interceptions this year . I think if we can continue to play smart football and not turn it over we win this one in a close game. I believe Bolivar and SG had numerous turnovers the last two weeks against RE.

On 11/13/2017 at 2:09 PM, kwc said:

Hmm ... Clearly huh?

OK, if you say so.

KWC.

Yes Clearly. I'm not sure why you have discounted what I have said this year but I know what I am talking about. After tonight's game I would say again that CLEARLY Covington is the better team. I'm not knocking your Memphis teams but obviously you did not have the info that I had. Trezevant let SGC put up more that 34 points on that defense ( you said not going to happen) and Covington put a rented mule on the RE. Congrats to your Memphis teams for their success this year. So again CLEARLY in my opinion Covington the better team.