COLUMBIA ACADEMY VS WAVERLY 2A QUARTERFINALS

BulldawgsRise

7 minutes ago, Monkey Wrench said:

Hopefully nothing serious happened with y'alls qb, I assume he was under concussion protocol at the end, as it looked like he was up trying to get the coach to allow him to go back in.  

Yea he wanted to go back in but they wouldnt let him. Tough kid!

Edited by vandyfan1

Tip my hat to the Waverly crowd,  you guys brought great support for your team!  Impressive!

I also commend the Waverly program for keeping their sportsmanship in tact even though the outcome was not favorable for them,  this is a high indicator in my book for a coaching staff that focuses on more than football.

Also chatted up some Waverly fans tonight during the game,  everyone was a class act!  I can’t say the same from previous weeks opponents.

Congratulations to CA on a well fought victory  against a worthy opponent.  I have a feeling we will see Waverly again next year in the QF.  

• Like 1

On 11/11/2017 at 0:39 PM, Wavo2004 said:

Lewis county folks said last night we will beat em 

On 11/11/2017 at 8:19 PM, TheAmbassador said:

Waverly wins again. Columbia Academy isn't a bad team, but they aren't near as good as this Waverly team. Waverly puts up 40 plus points in this one. 

On 11/11/2017 at 9:02 PM, vandyfan1 said:

Waverlys defense will not give up 40 to .CA that's just my opinion 

On 11/11/2017 at 10:43 PM, vandyfan1 said:

You will soon see what the talk is about. And I have never said they was unbeatable. I am saying that .CA wont beat them and like I said before some folks just have to learn the hard way. I believe Huntingdon and Fairview would argue the fact about a good defense. You are definitely underestimating Waverly!

On 11/12/2017 at 9:07 PM, vandyfan1 said:

You can have a really good team in a very weak region. We played two top notch teams tho that were out of region .CA hasn't played anybody close to Fairview or Huntingdon. Waverly should win to make it to the semi which will meet Peabody. CA is a good team or they wouldn't be here right now. 

On 11/12/2017 at 9:33 PM, vandyfan1 said:

You guys haven't played anybody that on the same level as Fairview or Huntingdon this yr

On 11/13/2017 at 4:50 AM, rednecktiger31 said:

Could of been worded a little better but I back SS 100% CA has been a team with a slow start to the first half of their games. Waverly has the offense that you can't let that happen. The Tigers starters rarely see much time in the 2nd half besides maybe 4 games all season. Columbia may be a good team but they will have to put up some points in the early game to make it a competition. But even then I believe Waverly will overrun them. Ready to head to Columbia! Come on Friday!

On 11/13/2017 at 8:14 AM, Wavo2004 said:

If CA gets off to slow starts they r going to be in for a long night . They better be ready to play as soon as the opening kick off starts . cuz Waverly will jump out really fast. If CA is as good as what y'all say they r they will make it a game. But I say Waverly wins by 21 plus points. Friday can't get here fast enough Go Tigers

On 11/13/2017 at 10:24 AM, peabodypride said:

I think this fella just likes to say off color uneducated things Vandy !!!!  These people know what Waverly is !!!!!!! I mean when and if we face ya'll , you'll be a heavy favorite!!!Don't mean we cant win but it does mean things need to break a certain way to do so!!!! CA will get throttled,hide and watch!!! Unless Waverly gives it away, which they wont!!!CA will score your defense is good,not great!!But those links I have seen on youtube"scary"! I say this one is a 48 to 21 Waverly win!!!!!

On 11/13/2017 at 10:24 AM, vandyfan1 said:

They wont score that much with the changes being made 21 tops! #1 for waverly is going to go off in this game. That boy has a big appetite and he is hungry!

On 11/13/2017 at 2:34 PM, TheAmbassador said:

Waverly by 28 plus. It's coming.... I hope the bunch from CA from 2015 at SP isn't drinking and carrying on again at this one. That drunken, cussing stunt they pulled on the field after beating us that night in SP was for the birds. They paid for it last year though. LMBO

On 11/13/2017 at 4:34 PM, peabodypride said:

Might wanna focus on Waverly!If and that's a small if, so so small of one Waverly turns it over like 4 times and you win"doubtful" then have somethin coming outta region 7 that's nasty!!!!

On 11/13/2017 at 5:14 PM, Wavo2004 said:

didnt say u did was talking bout that game predection. The only team to hold Waverly under 40 all year was Hunington and there defense is better than yalls. Y'all will score more than 13 

On 11/13/2017 at 7:47 PM, Bama1569 said:

Just gonna throw this out there. Lewis Co. Coach Friday night said, " if you ( waverly) play like this against .CA. there will be running clock in second quarter. I knew Waverly was good but film does not do them justice."

On 11/13/2017 at 8:00 PM, vandyfan1 said:

You don't know how fast we are but your going to find out in 4 more days

On 11/14/2017 at 6:21 PM, vandyfan1 said:

Idk about that. Really don't care to be honest. Better be scraping those playbooks

On 11/14/2017 at 7:46 PM, vandyfan1 said:

I just watched some film and I am not impressed at all!

On 11/14/2017 at 7:51 PM, vandyfan1 said:

BULLGAWGS YOU WILL BE IN FOR A TREAT! SMH!!!!!

On 11/14/2017 at 8:02 PM, vandyfan1 said:

I will have your crow ready Friday night how do you want it? Well done or medium rare?

On 11/14/2017 at 8:26 PM, vandyfan1 said:

We ain't Eagleville!! Bet that

On 11/15/2017 at 9:29 AM, vandyfan1 said:

They will not score 28 and Waverly will score higher than 54 if the starters stay in it will be 28-0 at the half. 

On 11/16/2017 at 0:11 PM, vandyfan1 said:

CA is not going to score that many points I think they will not score more than 14 on the starters. We swapped brands of cheese!

On 11/16/2017 at 0:13 PM, vandyfan1 said:

Yea there is a good chance Waverly wins by 37 you might be on point with that statement 

On 11/16/2017 at 8:48 PM, vandyfan1 said:

That was a good idea tho... tell me where your eating so you can buy us dinner

On 11/16/2017 at 8:56 PM, Wavo2004 said:

Yea there is going to be a lol crow going around tomm night how do u like urs

22 hours ago, rednecktiger31 said:

Anyways back to the game. I've seen very limited video of the team and the place, will there be a lot of bulldog fans for a playoff game? Expecting a classy place and people. I really like the team entrance yal have, kind if reminds me of a small college setup. But again I will say it like this, if Waverly is able to have at least a 14-0 lead in the first quarter because of a slow start by CA it won't be a game and Waverly will walk to a 3+ score win. The hour and a half bus ride won't be a thing for these kids. Most of the starters made the 3 hour trip to Memphis last year and hung in til the last minutes...oh and theyll be back next year too :)

Oh there are just to many to quote... but here are a few. LOL!

1 hour ago, wildcat89 said:

Can't say congrats enough to CA, huge win against a great team! I did say earlier in the week that CA can't be counted out

Yes you did.  You were one of the few other than the CA people who knew. 

Congratulations to Waverly on a great year but even more congratulations to the CA team and their outstanding coaches who put together one great game plan that was executed to the "T" by some wonderful young men who happen to be great athletes and football players as well!  I know u will prepare just as well for the semis next week!  Good luck!   You are fun to watch!

59 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

We got out played! 

Duh!  

48 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Congrats to Columbia Academy. I thought Waverly and Union City were the two best teams in 2A all season. Looks like I was wrong. This one really surprises me. I like my crow deep fried. LMBO

What type of side item with that crow sir??

I will admit it was hard to sit here all week and look at the smack and trash that was being handed down to CA.  I know a lot of it was in jest, however, I really do believe you all thought it would be a run away for Waverly.  Those of us around the CA program new different.  I wasn't going to predict a score or a winner because I knew it would be a tough game.  I of course was pulling for CA.  There is something special about this team.  I said that early on a forum.  There is such a desire to win.  

Congrats to Waverly.  You 've had an outstanding year.  Don't hang your heads.  I stated earlier someone was going to leave disappointed.  I think it came down to who wanted it more.  I sincerely hope your QB is ok.  I am sure we will see a lot of him next year. Good luck in the Mr. Football finalist.  Personally, I think he has it.