#1 Ravenswood at #1 Cane Ridge

JohnnyRadcliff

No hating on CR from me. They have done a great job since taking over. This year might be even better than last. And yes winning is the best recruiting tool. Win and kids will want to come.

However some turn a blind eye to things that go on in several metro schools. I'm not naming those schools but I have given examples of schools doing things the right way. I'm leaving it at that.

8 hours ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

I would like to be able to get revenge over Ravenwood since they are 2-0 vs us but I'm sure Cane Ridge is the better TEAM so we'll add a new Middle TN head to the mantle, that's if/when we get past our rivals ,White Station. 

7 hours ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

Also, I would like to add that I don't appreciate the lack of insight given about these two teams. I understand that they may not have a lot of fans on the T but I know there has to be some folks out there that have seen these teams play and can tell us what to expect from this game.

Johnny reckons that Ravenswood looks very different from the last time Da Haven played them. No D1 athletes, small linemen, playing lots of sophmores. They run a crazy offense based on trickery and snap it super duper fast. CR has best athletes in metro nash and a 3 headed monster of a 2,000+ QB, 2000+ RB, and 1500+ WR. Huge DL and stud linebacker. CR would match up much better against Da Haven than the Raptors IMO... Hope this helps Senator

2196307c-2ceb-46f8-8bf4-4c3e3f34f93e-1709031d-9309-4c2f-a944-fab9105633e3-v1.png?transparent=1&palette=1

4 minutes ago, JohnnyRadcliff said:

Johnny reckons that Ravenswood looks very different from the last time Da Haven played them. No D1 athletes, small linemen, playing lots of sophmores. They run a crazy offense based on trickery and snap it super duper fast. CR has best athletes in metro nash and a 3 headed monster of a 2,000+ QB, 2000+ RB, and 1500+ WR. Huge DL and stud linebacker. CR would match up much better against Da Haven than the Raptors IMO... Hope this helps Senator

2196307c-2ceb-46f8-8bf4-4c3e3f34f93e-1709031d-9309-4c2f-a944-fab9105633e3-v1.png?transparent=1&palette=1

Thanks bro. That's analysis I've been expecting. 

41 minutes ago, JohnnyRadcliff said:

I completely agree that CR matches up better, but Ravenwood doesn't match up well with anyone, and they've still found ways to beat most teams.  Rwood offense is all about misdirection and multiple formations to make high school kids think fast.  If you have a defense that disciplined in their reads, I think you can stop them, but that sophomore QB is pretty good.  I haven't seen CR play this year, but all signs point to this game as being a barn burner.

9 hours ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

Also, I would like to add that I don't appreciate the lack of insight given about these two teams. I understand that they may not have a lot of fans on the T but I know there has to be some folks out there that have seen these teams play and can tell us what to expect from this game.

Oh I didn't know you haven't seen cane ridge. From what I understand Cane Ridge runs the type of offense that Memphis folks hate lol. They run the spread offense mostly 4 wide. Probly 60/40 pass/run. Very efficient in both areas. You already know they have speed & athleticism. A few d-1 players and some mid major guys.

Edited by FBfan26

4 hours ago, workinprogress said:

No hating on CR from me. They have done a great job since taking over. This year might be even better than last. And yes winning is the best recruiting tool. Win and kids will want to come.

However some turn a blind eye to things that go on in several metro schools. I'm not naming those schools but I have given examples of schools doing things the right way. I'm leaving it at that.

I'm going to say a couple of things and I will leave it at that as well. Making those types of statements in a Cane Ridge thread will leave everybody to think your accusations are aimed at that head coach. Whether you meant that or not, that's how it looks. It comes across as you being a hater. No other way to put it.

High school coaches going to middle school games of teams that are not feeders programs to their school happens all of the time and it is to be expected. Whether the coach is their to recruit or whatever, it's going to happen. Any good coach worth his salt will get out to see the young talent, whether they are in 'their zone' or not. You are foolish not to. Talking to parents of those players is going to happen ... especially if you are the HC at a winning program. I know folks will see it and think like you think. As the HC of a winning program, you can't be thin skinned. Folks will say all manner of things about you and don't even know you. You can't be moved or swayed when someone calls you a cheat, or insinuate that you do things illegally, or intimates that you are unprofessional. Thats what you did to coach Woods earlier in this thread. Intentional or not. You did that very thing. You can try to say that you didn't call any names and whatever excuse you want to use to try to cover your tracks. You said it. We all read it. Every one who read it knows full well who you are talking about. You never used a name specifically. You didn't have to. You sullied the man's name on this message board ... I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU SAY!

That being stated ... It doesn't matter what you think. what your neighbor thinks. or what your co-workers think. It's what you can prove. Cane Ridge is the new Sheriff in town. Get use to it. They will have talent on the team every year, whether they live in the zone or not. They will have players on their team that transfer to play there. It is what it is. That's what winning programs do. There is no need for them to apologize to anybody, nor do they have to explain themselves to anybody but the TSSAA.

No, the TSSAA is not going to try in investigate into them. That's not what they do. There will be others, like you, who complain, whine, cry, and insinuate that the people that are like them are cheaters, unethical, and unprofessional. It comes with the territory when you win, and win consistently. You can't be bothered by what folks think and or say about you or your program. Life is way to short for that.

I'm done.

Edited by kwc
  • Like 1