#1 Ravenswood at #1 Cane Ridge

JohnnyRadcliff

We will have to disagree on a lot of that. I haven't said anything negative about CR or Woods. I don't even know him but respect the job he has done. I know an assistant over there and think a lot of him. Great person and coach.

As far as the other stuff, by rule a coach cannot make first contact. No it is not expected to happen. If that is the case and what you truly believe then you would fall into the unprofessional category in my opinion. I believe in following rules. I believe in coaching kids that come to your program. I believe that your philosophy like many others is not only unprofessional but also unethical. Coach your kids. Do your job. Don't cheat and don't give me the its expected line. That's the problem.

1 hour ago, workinprogress said:

We will have to disagree on a lot of that. I haven't said anything negative about CR or Woods. I don't even know him but respect the job he has done. I know an assistant over there and think a lot of him. Great person and coach.

As far as the other stuff, by rule a coach cannot make first contact. No it is not expected to happen. If that is the case and what you truly believe then you would fall into the unprofessional category in my opinion. I believe in following rules. I believe in coaching kids that come to your program. I believe that your philosophy like many others is not only unprofessional but also unethical. Coach your kids. Do your job. Don't cheat and don't give me the its expected line. That's the problem.

Yeah, you and I don't agree on this subject. I believe in following ruls as well. I didn't say anything about making first contact. What I said, is you go look at talent. You can go to a game if talented players are there. You don't approach. HOWEVER, You don't NOT talk to the folk if they approach YOU.

I believe you coach the young people who come through your doors. Some may live in the area, some may not. However you do it, you follow the rules

What you CAN'T do is assume, insinuate, or intimate that a HC is being unethical, unprofessional, or unanything, just because he is having a conversation with someone NOT IN HIS ZONE. 

There are a LOT of elite players who want to play for a winning program or winning coach, regardless of where they live. The TSSAA doesn't prohibit them from going to a school that they are not zoned to attend. The TSSAA allows for that. It can be done legally. 

Edited by kwc

20 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

I just trip y'all don't give some of these coaches the benefit of the doubt. Most of these younger coaches are born and raised in Nashville. They have kids, nephews,Cousins etc who play football. I have little cousins all the time who are like are you going to come to our game. Yall act like some of these coachs can't live there lives. Now I'm not going to sit here and act like everybody's doing it 100% that way but come on man.  

Fan I'm sure there are some that are like you said. I was born and raised in Nashville. I was a part of metro schools in some capacity for nearly 40 years. I loved my time there. Saw lots of good things and met lots of good people. But not everyone does it the right way. That's all I'm saying. Good luck to your birds tonight. I hope y'all bring your spray for the bees.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

Fan I'm sure there are some that are like you said. I was born and raised in Nashville. I was a part of metro schools in some capacity for nearly 40 years. I loved my time there. Saw lots of good things and met lots of good people. But not everyone does it the right way. That's all I'm saying. Good luck to your birds tonight. I hope y'all bring your spray for the bees.

I'm thinking more of a flamethrower lol but thanks