Quarterfinals: Marion County (7-5) at Tyner Academy (10-2)

steelcityroller

5 hours ago, TynerRamFan said:

The same reason why the McCallie's and Baylor's don't win state title after state title. Are their players good...absolutely!! And how do you know they are not getting scholarships?? Just because it's not published doesn't mean they don't get signed. Furthermore I know a few of them that had academic scholarships in addition to athletic. 

You just can't paint a broad brush over a program with your negativity especially when you don't know what's happening at the school in the background.

Say what you want, but we all know the deal. Tyner has more overall athletes than McCallie or Baylor. Tyner also plays in a weak 2A. Those teams play in D2. Tyner is the most underachieving program in the area most years. They should be competing and making deep playoff runs every single year in 2A. Coach T does a great job of keeping a tight rain on those kids and making them walk the line, but from a pure athletic standpoint they should be a top team in 2A every year. 

Edited by TheAmbassador

14 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

It's funny how teams can turn around. This team lost big to Ooltewah then to a bad Signal Mtn team, but here they are in the semifinals. They've always got an endless supply of talent. It's like you said. They just finally have found a way not to self destruct. I think Union City's option attack will give them all they want if both teams win. 

I agree Bass I think Union City will give them all they want with that run offense they have something special to watch.