Quarterfinals: Marion County (7-5) at Tyner Academy (10-2)

steelcityroller

Should be interesting. I have to say that Marion County looked much better in person than what I expected after looking back through their games. Trousdale County was able to move the ball on them at times but the 6 turnovers prevented the points. But Marion County's RB is a beast.

Its hard for me to fathom a Tyner team that beat Marion County 37-28 needed to score late to put away Watertown.

Is Marion County playing better to where they might be a different outcome this time?

3 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

Should be interesting. I have to say that Marion County looked much better in person than what I expected after looking back through their games. Trousdale County was able to move the ball on them at times but the 6 turnovers prevented the points. But Marion County's RB is a beast.

Its hard for me to fathom a Tyner team that beat Marion County 37-28 needed to score late to put away Watertown.

Is Marion County playing better to where they might be a different outcome this time?

Jasper should have won the first time. 

2 minutes ago, MrLegit said:

I picked jasper first time but Tyner has played better since that game. Should be interesting

I'd say Jasper was reeling from the SP game the week before.  They had the Tyner game in the bag and just lost focus.  Maybe they have found their identity. Like you said, it'll be an interesting game. You really never know what you're gonna get when it comes to Tyner.

12 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I'd say Jasper was reeling from the SP game the week before.  They had the Tyner game in the bag and just lost focus.  Maybe they have found their identity. Like you said, it'll be an interesting game. You really never know what you're gonna get when it comes to Tyner.

I was looking at the schedule and was wondering if they were either feeling the side effects of that big loss or if they had some players injured during that stretch? Because they a pretty rough stretch there for 3-4 games.

1 minute ago, steelcityroller said:

I was looking at the schedule and was wondering if they were either feeling the side effects of that big loss or if they had some players injured during that stretch? Because they a pretty rough stretch there for 3-4 games.

They definitely had a rough stretch there.  They came through it and everyone knows when the playoffs begin it's a whole new season.  Giving Saylors the ball more hasn't hurt them any in their last few games.  They go as he goes.

1 hour ago, steelcityroller said:

Marion broke open a tight game with tyner and led by 2 tds with about 7 minutes to go but tyner hit some big plays and we were caught trying to kill the clock.  Mc has also made some adjustments since then and i am sure tyner has as well.  Athlete wise, tyner is superior and mc will have to find a way to block big number 76 i think.  He was in the backfield before we could hand it off last time.  If Tyner plays a clean ballgame with few penalizes and no turnovers, they will win.  Luckily they dont normally do that. 

Marion County will beat Tyner soundly this week. It will be 14 points or more. They are coached better and have regained their confidence. I remember when I was still ranking them in my top 10 poll every week when they had a losing record and I was basically crucified  LMBO

Edited by TheAmbassador

10 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Marion broke open a tight game with tyner and led by 2 tds with about 7 minutes to go but tyner hit some big plays and we were caught trying to kill the clock.  Mc has also made some adjustments since then and i am sure tyner has as well.  Athlete wise, tyner is superior and mc will have to find a way to block big number 76 i think.  He was in the backfield before we could hand it off last time.  If Tyner plays a clean ballgame with few penalizes and no turnovers, they will win.  Luckily they dont normally do that. 

They always find a way to screw it up. 

15 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Marion County will beat Tyner soundly this week. It will be 14 points or more. They are coached better and have regained their confidence. I remember when I was still ranking them in my top 10 poll every week when they had a losing record and I was basically crucified  LMBO

Sir you are usually on point!I have picked MC every round and folks act like I am crazy,those boys live for the playoffs!Just like in the lil ole West my TIDE is always counted out!!I say we do the whole 2014 thing again and play for a Gold Ball Marion!Sound good!?