Quarterfinals: Marion County (7-5) at Tyner Academy (10-2)

steelcityroller

40 minutes ago, peabodypride said:

Sir you are usually on point!I have picked MC every round and folks act like I am crazy,those boys live for the playoffs!Just like in the lil ole West my TIDE is always counted out!!I say we do the whole 2014 thing again and play for a Gold Ball Marion!Sound good!?

Hahaha....  sounds good to me. I remember a couple weeks ago people talking about Peabody may not even make the playoffs. When it's do or die that's when heart shows. Most teams over on this side scoreboard watch hoping they see us go down. You never know how dangerous we could be. These kids have played a tough schedule and been in some dogfights. Something clicked about a month ago and these boys look focused now. We will see how it plays out and hopefully advance to play another week. Best of luck to the Tide!

Edited by PurplePower68

1 hour ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Marion broke open a tight game with tyner and led by 2 tds with about 7 minutes to go but tyner hit some big plays and we were caught trying to kill the clock.  Mc has also made some adjustments since then and i am sure tyner has as well.  Athlete wise, tyner is superior and mc will have to find a way to block big number 76 i think.  He was in the backfield before we could hand it off last time.  If Tyner plays a clean ballgame with few penalizes and no turnovers, they will win.  Luckily they dont normally do that. 

Good post I agree, Tyner has wasted more talent over the years than anybody in Tennessee. 

This not the same team Tyner played earlier in the year. Kids have been moved around, kids playing with more confidence and the biggest difference is experience. These young men have been battle tested. 

Win, lose or draw not a lot of people thought MC would be where they are right now.

As a fan and a parent I can't say enough about the job the coaching staff has done, these kids could have folded when they were 3-5,but the coaches would not let that happen. 

Just like last week we will show up and see what happens. #WINTHEDAY #WFL 

35 minutes ago, Justmy2cents said:

This not the same team Tyner played earlier in the year. Kids have been moved around, kids playing with more confidence and the biggest difference is experience. These young men have been battle tested. 

Win, lose or draw not a lot of people thought MC would be where they are right now.

As a fan and a parent I can't say enough about the job the coaching staff has done, these kids could have folded when they were 3-5,but the coaches would not let that happen. 

Just like last week we will show up and see what happens. #WINTHEDAY #WFL 

It's obvious to me what happened to Marion County. The confidence got shaken with the Sequatchie and SP losses. Then they give a game away vs Tyner. Confidence and momentum always play a big part. The Marion offense has always been very good. I'm still not sold on the defense against solid teams though. However, as we both found out last week. Getting 6 turnovers usually means you're going to win. LMBO. Back in the summer I said they whoever won the Trousdale and Marion game would probably go to Cookeville. Now granted I thought they would play in the quarterfinals, but I still believe that MC now has the inside track to get there. 

Edited by TheAmbassador

10 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Marion County will beat Tyner soundly this week. It will be 14 points or more. They are coached better and have regained their confidence. I remember when I was still ranking them in my top 10 poll every week when they had a losing record and I was basically crucified  LMBO

I also remember last week when you said TC would beat them by 2 scores!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1