Kids club/middle school coaches

Rabbitt

Chattanooga Top 100 weekend at Camp Jordan Arena 

Jan 13 and 14

Jan 13 Top 100 Tournament 

Jan 14 First ever Begginers State Championship. All 1st and 2nd year wrestlers are eligible unless you have placed in the state tournament in the past.

Also...first ever..Tennessee Elementary Club state Duals K-6 and state middle school club duals 6-8. Must wrestle for your club, no pick me ups from other teams. 

We have tried for years to get Camp Jordan,  and finally got it this year. It is the perfect venue for a wrestling tournament. Plenty of seating and can fit up to 14 mats down. 

Coaches mark your calandar. Most kids will be out of school the following Monday for MLK day so it should be a great weekend to have this tournament. Help spread the word. As we get all the times ironed out we will post the flyer.

• 1 month later...

We will have all the details ironed out in the next 3-4 days. The beginners will be on Sunday morning on all mats. We will be able to knock it out quickly in one session on that many mats, The Club state duals will begin following the beginners state, roughly around 11:30-12:00. We will run straight thru on the duals and tentatively be done around 6:00. More details will be posted later in the week.

Something you may want to consider is travel for folks not in the Chattanooga area and the possibility of a lack of hotel space with so many other folks being present for the top100. If there is no place available to stay Saturday night people will have to travel early Sunday morning. Maybe you switch the order and have the duels early and give people a chance to get to Chattanooga Sunday morning.

Just a suggestion

Edited by Hamblin
Correct language

I disagree because on the back end if you did the duals first, people from the beginner tournament would not get back home Sunday till late with most parents having to work Monday morning. The number of spectators and wrestlers for the beginner will out weigh the numbers for the duals. Aside from that people would be less likely to leave Sunday morning and drive down as opposed to possibly staying in a hotel with in an hour drive Saturday night. So I would keep the beginner first and the duals second.

No I am traveling from about 3 and half hours away. It benefits us to have it Sunday morning because coming back late Sunday night is not really an option, hence it would be more ideal to travel Saturday even if you can't get a hotel right near camp Jordan you should be able to get one close enough to make an early Sunday drive more reasonable. If they put the beginner tournament in the afternoon it's doubtful that we would make the trip. I don't know if anyone else would have similar feelings on that issue.