Coach Morris is stepping down

SHHS87

I talked to someone this morning that works out of the central office in the Milan school district. They have had tons of people apply for this job. They received applications the day after  Morris announced he was retiring. They've had applicants from all parts of the state and even some out-of-state. They have been names that people would expect and even some that are just down the road. They have not begun interviews.  They have only formed a committee that is a valuating applicants as they come in. They will narrow it down from there. Very happy with some of the people that are applying. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

30 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I talked to someone this morning that works out of the central office in the Milan school district. They have had tons of people apply for this job. They received applications the day after  Morris announced he was retiring. They've had applicants from all parts of the state and even some out-of-state. They have been names that people would expect and even some that are just down the road. They have not begun interviews.  They have only formed a committee that is a valuating applicants as they come in. They will narrow it down from there. Very happy with some of the people that are applying. 

;)

On 12/3/2017 at 2:03 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

The dawgs certainly have some talent in the upcoming classes. Its kinda hard to miss this.... Milan officials know that have to get this right and they will I think. I have always said one of the things that I admired about the dawgs is their commitment to winning from the top down. 

I got the opportunity to coach O. Williamson in the middle school all star game. Wow what a great kid. I have a much better understanding of why Avery turned out the way he did. He comes from great loins and is going to a major factor in the success of whatever coach the dawgs hire. Also the dawgs have a kid the last name Pearson that is going to be really good. ( i mentioned to them both that they are selling houses in Medina everyday!!!! ) 

The ones that have applied for the job that are right down the road I promise one of them is not from 1000 hornet drive! 

/Till next season. Much love BPM!!!

O yea I almost forgot: ( thought you might need a reminder ) 

SGC - 27

Milan - 14

FINAL ( at Mrs. Johnnie Hale Stadium ) 

/steven

;)

SORRY BPM  nothing but love. 

5 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

The dawgs certainly have some talent in the upcoming classes. Its kinda hard to miss this.... Milan officials know that have to get this right and they will I think. I have always said one of the things that I admired about the dawgs is their commitment to winning from the top down. 

I got the opportunity to coach O. Williamson in the middle school all star game. Wow what a great kid. I have a much better understanding of why Avery turned out the way he did. He comes from great loins and is going to a major factor in the success of whatever coach the dawgs hire. Also the dawgs have a kid the last name Pearson that is going to be really good. ( i mentioned to them both that they are selling houses in Medina everyday!!!! ) 

The ones that have applied for the job that are right down the road I promise one of them is not from 1000 hornet drive! 

SGC - 27

Milan - 14

/steven

;)

Mentioned about they are selling houses in Medina huh??  Sounds like a violation of the TSSAA recruiting rule to me lol!!!

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 2:03 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

This is pretty much what this weeks Milan paper is saying.  That the school has received over 20 applicants and expecting more.  I would hate to be the one making the final decision.

1 hour ago, SHHS87 said:

This is pretty much what this weeks Milan paper is saying.  That the school has received over 20 applicants and expecting more.  I would hate to be the one making the final decision.

In all honesty there are a lot more than 20.  That is a low ball number by the paper and the school system. There are about 20 that meet the basic job requirements as they have weeded out several already. I believe they will leave the application window open a little while longer and then narrow down to a list of candidates they want to interview. 

On December 5, 2017 at 0:00 AM, ManOfMillions said:

SGC - 27

Milan - 14

/steven

;)

Gold and silver balls

Milan- 9

SG-0

Just a friendly reminder. :)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Been pondering this situation for Milan. I say if you go with anyone from the West Tenn area it should be the man at Union City. I personally think it would be a great fit and the man wins. 

What makes you think he would leave ? If McConnell has applied I think that’s the best choice