Girls HOF games for 11/14 around the state

dmm88

A few nice matchups tonight to kick off the new season.

Dyersburg @ Covington (Probably the best matchup of all the games, could see each other again in early March)

Peabody @ USJ (First of tough 5-game stretch for Lady Bruins: Peabody, Middleton, at Dyersburg, Dyer County, SS at Union.) 

Gleason @ Gibson County (always a tough place to play)

Greenfield @ Crockett County (a good test early for both teams)

Dyer County @ Lexington (I will be at this one, anxious to see how Lexington handles Dyer County's full court pressure defense)

Edited by dmm88

Greenfield defeated Crockett County 60-58 on a three pointer in the closing seconds by super sophomore Chloe Moore. Good back and forth game down the stretch. Moore led all scorers with 29 points. Anya Patterson had a strong game for Crockett Co.

Obion Central boys and girls teams had little trouble with Bradford. The OCCHS boys are small, but they're fast and good shooters from behind the arc. They will be alot of fun to watch this season.

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 10:14 AM, dmm88 said:

A few nice matchups tonight to kick off the new season.

Dyersburg @ Covington (Probably the best matchup of all the games, could see each other again in early March)

Peabody @ USJ (First of tough 5-game stretch for Lady Bruins: Peabody, Middleton, at Dyersburg, Dyer County, SS at Union.) 

Gleason @ Gibson County (always a tough place to play)

Greenfield @ Crockett County (a good test early for both teams)

Dyer County @ Lexington (I will be at this one, anxious to see how Lexington handles Dyer County's full court pressure defense)

Curious on your thought about the Dyer County/Lexington game Tuesday. I thought Lexington looked very sharp at start of game and were more physical with their posts. DC looked like it was the first game. Lexington did good job with pressure in 1st quarter and were beating the zone press well. The man press seemed to be hard for Lexington to handle and took its toll rest of game with turnovers and fatigue . Also thought DC was deeper on bench and wore Lexington down by playing more girls.  Thought both teams showed 1st game jitters and mistakes especially the DC freshman.

I 100 percent agree with your assessment. Lexington was breaking the zone press early on, Kyla Taylor was very physical down there (looks to be much improved) and getting layups and jumped out to the huge lead. When Dyer County out-scored them like 13-4 in the second, I knew Lexington was about to start showing signs of fatigue. Then Dyer County just took over the second half with more depth. I think both will be fine, as the games go on. One other thing I'm trying to figure out is what is Ciara Taylor's role gonna be exactly?? I see she's ranked in a few national recruiting services, she's OK, nothing special there just yet.

Edited by dmm88