Who wins new region 6 A

Jaychapman

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Vandychris said:

A week before that Summertwon beat Gleason in scrimmage by 15. They also played their backups more minutes than their starters. Dont let that loss by SHS linger in your mind and think it shows anything.

Well Vandychris, that loss actually shows several things. If SHS beat Gleason by 15 the prior week it shows (1) Gleason made the necessary adjustments needed to win. (2) SHS assumed it would just be a repeat performance. (3) Championship caliber teams never underestimate any opponent.....the loss will be a good thing if SHS learned anything from it.

On 1/10/2018 at 1:37 AM, cradle2thegravelakersfan said:

Well Vandychris, that loss actually shows several things. If SHS beat Gleason by 15 the prior week it shows (1) Gleason made the necessary adjustments needed to win. (2) SHS assumed it would just be a repeat performance. (3) Championship caliber teams never underestimate any opponent.....the loss will be a good thing if SHS learned anything from it.

OR the coach was experimenting with line ups and getting seldom used players time in a meaningful game. Again, the bench logged more minutes than the starters. As I said, dont let that loss be your barometer of this team.

They were in a fight with Perry County last Tuesday night in the barn. Perry County led 31-22 at the half but the Lady Eagles got hot and were able to come back and win 66-57. I was surprised Perry County was in the game but Summertown is, in my opinion, the best team in Tennessee for Class A and possibly top 5 in AA. Can't wait to see how far this team can go.

5 hours ago, PCsupporter4life said:

They were in a fight with Perry County last Tuesday night in the barn. Perry County led 31-22 at the half but the Lady Eagles got hot and were able to come back and win 66-57. I was surprised Perry County was in the game but Summertown is, in my opinion, the best team in Tennessee for Class A and possibly top 5 in AA. Can't wait to see how far this team can go.

Same Summertown team who lost to Gleason. Interesting....

2 hours ago, ZEBRA35 said:

Same Summertown team who lost to Gleason. Interesting....

Breaking News!!!! Summertown lost to Gleason! Zebra you seem fixated on the fact that Summertown lost to Gleason, but yet give them no credit for the 16 game win streak since then. Yes, it was the second game of the season and they lost by 4, not sure how much stock to put into games that early but you seem to think it's a very strong barometer of a team. Summertown does have a chance to make a run, as well as several other teams. Marchups, injuries, game location among other things will be determining factors. So let's just see how the games play out and not let that loss determine how well Summertown can do.

Edited by cbballfan

16 hours ago, cbballfan said:

Breaking News!!!! Summertown lost to Gleason! Zebra you seem fixated on the fact that Summertown lost to Gleason, but yet give them no credit for the 16 game win streak since then. Yes, it was the second game of the season and they lost by 4, not sure how much stock to put into games that early but you seem to think it's a very strong barometer of a team. Summertown does have a chance to make a run, as well as several other teams. Marchups, injuries, game location among other things will be determining factors. So let's just see how the games play out and not let that loss determine how well Summertown can do.

Maybe i'm missing something but isn't Gleason a good team? I mean that's not a "bad" loss at all, especially by 4 points on the road, second game of the season. Can't go off that at all. The Lady Eagles are a dangerous team in Class A.

5 hours ago, PCsupporter4life said:

Maybe i'm missing something but isn't Gleason a good team? I mean that's not a "bad" loss at all, especially by 4 points on the road, second game of the season. Can't go off that at all. The Lady Eagles are a dangerous team in Class A.

Gleason is an average Single A team at best