Who wins new region 6 A

Jaychapman

Only an extremely shallow benched team would play the same game plan and players in a hall of fame game and non-district play as they would after Christmas. Knowing the Summertown coach (from the stands) and the fact that they routinely play 11-12 players, the ‘Gleason game’ is a non-factor. Watch all the film you want.  No 2 games have looked the same for the Lady Eagles. 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, watchman72 said:

Only an extremely shallow benched team would play the same game plan and players in a hall of fame game and non-district play as they would after Christmas. Knowing the Summertown coach (from the stands) and the fact that they routinely play 11-12 players, the ‘Gleason game’ is a non-factor. Watch all the film you want.  No 2 games have looked the same for the Lady Eagles. 

I agree, I think all good teams will put in post season plays that you haven't seen on film all year. Not sure exactly how a team should game plan for Summertown, they are 18-1 at the moment, with 7 different leading scorers, 4 of those starters and 3 off the bench. Like forementioned, they play 11-12 deep with everyone scoring, they are deep and experienced. Those 11-12 are made up of 7 seniors, 1 junior, I sophomore, 3 freshman (2 of those freshman played at the state tournament last year as eight graders). All of those players have played in state tournaments in either basketball, volleyball, softball, golf or cross country. If they make it back, the stage will not bother these girls.

23 hours ago, cbballfan said:

I agree, I think all good teams will put in post season plays that you haven't seen on film all year. Not sure exactly how a team should game plan for Summertown, they are 18-1 at the moment, with 7 different leading scorers, 4 of those starters and 3 off the bench. Like forementioned, they play 11-12 deep with everyone scoring, they are deep and experienced. Those 11-12 are made up of 7 seniors, 1 junior, I sophomore, 3 freshman (2 of those freshman played at the state tournament last year as eight graders). All of those players have played in state tournaments in either basketball, volleyball, softball, golf or cross country. If they make it back, the stage will not bother these girls.

Maybe the Fillies will put in a post season play so we will have 1 play. Only plays we run are out of bounds plays. Our scheme is to just to go out there and get open. Have to have a very talented team to get away with that and we usually do. Teams like Greenfield can take our game away from us. Very well coached like I'm sure Summertown is. Shaping up to be a Summertown Huntingdon battle in the region 6 tournament. Should be a great game the fillies can play great pressure defense if they want to. Very tall fast but raw Huntingdon team against a great shooting tough defensive team like Summertown. Both teams are deep so should be a good up and down game. Can't wait

7 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Maybe the Fillies will put in a post season play so we will have 1 play. Only plays we run are out of bounds plays. Our scheme is to just to go out there and get open. Have to have a very talented team to get away with that and we usually do. Teams like Greenfield can take our game away from us. Very well coached like I'm sure Summertown is. Shaping up to be a Summertown Huntingdon battle in the region 6 tournament. Should be a great game the fillies can play great pressure defense if they want to. Very tall fast but raw Huntingdon team against a great shooting tough defensive team like Summertown. Both teams are deep so should be a good up and down game. Can't wait

I agree with you that it will be SUmmertown v Huntingdon and could go either way.  Looking fwd to watching it.

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 10:30 AM, Croppygenius said:

Edited by bluegoldbbfan

Haven't been on the boards in sometime, but was shocked to see what was being said about the Huntingdon Fillies and their coaches.  I guess I shouldn't be.  Croppygenius, maybe you should talk with your daughter a little more.  Mine has told me that the Fillies have many plays and use them during the game and are constantly working on more.  I can only hope that The Lowery's stay atleast until my daughter graduates.  If they leave it would be a HUGE lost to Huntingdon High School.

54 minutes ago, bluegoldbbfan said:

Haven't been on the boards in sometime, but was shocked to see what was being said about the Huntingdon Fillies and their coaches.  I guess I shouldn't be.  Croppygenius, maybe you should talk with your daughter a little more.  Mine has told me that the Fillies have many plays and use them during the game and are constantly working on more.  I can only hope that The Lowery's stay atleast until my daughter graduates.  If they leave it would be a HUGE lost to Huntingdon High School.

This is the funniest thing Ive read in a long time! What exactly does Farris Lowery bring to the table that makes him a good coach? He is an old man who cant coach a lick who does nothing but run his girls in the ground. 1 former Fily didnt try out this year bc of Farris and another quit this yr. 2 upperclassmen. He does nothing but berate and belittle his girls. He is drawing a check and nothing else. Staying around long enough to see his star senior point guard graduate and make sure his son is set up with 3 coaching supplements. 

1 minute ago, ZEBRA35 said:

This is the funniest thing Ive read in a long time! What exactly does Farris Lowery bring to the table that makes him a good coach? He is an old man who cant coach a lick who does nothing but run his girls in the ground. 1 former Fily didnt try out this year bc of Farris and another quit this yr. 2 upperclassmen. He does nothing but berate and belittle his girls. He is drawing a check and nothing else. Staying around long enough to see his star senior point guard graduate and make sure his son is set up with 3 coaching supplements. 

By the way what # is your daughter?

4 hours ago, bluegoldbbfan said:

Have you ever played the game?

24 minutes ago, BkBallFan said:

From the looks of things it sounds like it's pretty obvious that Huntingdon and Summertown are the 2 teams to beat, and will likely be in the region championship. What about Region semifinals, is Huntingdon the only team from District 11A that could win their first round game?

Mckenzie is improving beat Stewart Co saturday. Will probably be a tough out for your # 3 team.