William blount offseason thread

1 hour ago, TheGuvna said:

I am not making excuses, just said the defensive issues were there before Shad took the job. I was very vocal about being unhappy with the decision not to practice on fall break. I also blamed Shad for the embarrassing loss against Mcminn that was a direct result of that decision. But I dont have any control over the situation over there. 

I just hope they can get somebody in there who can put a respectable defense on the field. If they can do that, they might be able to win a few more games. All I can do is err on the side of optimism.

I watched that game on the computer that night and your 100% right about that fall break vacation playing a big roll in that loss. Believe me I was pulling for the Govs to win that game and there were times I thought the momentum had switched only to get cut short because of something stupid. Football is a game of repetition and that is the reason you have practice and when you break that cycle for one week during the season all the cylinders aren't going to be clicking right especially when you have eleven of them when you come back. We know WB isn't going to change overnight but if they made goals that next year we plan on winning three out of those ten games because they are insight and then the next year they said we can win half those games and the year after seven or eight was the goal I could handle that. There is something major wrong when you have a class of seven or eight seniors that started out with twenty when they were sophomores.2642eyf.jpg

The word of the day at william blount is jubilee . The guvna called schad on the alnwick hotline and said hey schad. Ol' barn, OnB, and Sdot are still making fun of you the T. Can jubilee that? If not ask SdotCupp. He keeps a close eye on the T. An administrator looking at the T  during working hours.  Can jubilee that? Just  call SdotCupp on the alnwick hotline and ask him.

2nv9w02.png

Edited by SdotBears
Wrong word

Barney,

It is normal to lose kids to moves or just quitting the team. One of those kids on that list ended up moving to play for Greenback last year.

The Govs were forced to play a bunch of young kids on friday nights in 2017. If we dont see improvement in the next two years, I think Shad's seat might get hot. There is no reason we shouldnt be a halfway decent team in the next two years. The potential is going to be there. If they cant win, it is on the coaches... Period..

Even though the 2017 season was miserable to watch, I feel somewhat vindicated after seeing how the teams on our schedule performed. Some people griped and moaned about our easy cupcake non-conference games. They acted like we would just roll our helmets out on the field and beat Anderson County. They ended up barely losing to eventual state champ Greeneville in the quarterfinals. If their QB had not gotten injured in that game, AC would have probably won a gold ball. And Lenoir City competed for the region championship in the last game of the regular season. So much for a cupcake schedule.

1 hour ago, TheGuvna said:

Barney,

It is normal to lose kids to moves or just quitting the team. One of those kids on that list ended up moving to play for Greenback last year.

The Govs were forced to play a bunch of young kids on friday nights in 2017. If we dont see improvement in the next two years, I think Shad's seat might get hot. There is no reason we shouldnt be a halfway decent team in the next two years. The potential is going to be there. If they cant win, it is on the coaches... Period..

Even though the 2017 season was miserable to watch, I feel somewhat vindicated after seeing how the teams on our schedule performed. Some people griped and moaned about our easy cupcake non-conference games. They acted like we would just roll our helmets out on the field and beat Anderson County. They ended up barely losing to eventual state champ Greeneville in the quarterfinals. If their QB had not gotten injured in that game, AC would have probably won a gold ball. And Lenoir City competed for the region championship in the last game of the regular season. So much for a cupcake schedule.

Gov,

A 65% attrition rate is not normal unless there is a reason. I looked at Maryville's 2015 team and they had 34 sophomores and two years later they have 25 seniors for a 25% attrition rate which would be normal for most schools. Take Alcoa two years ago and they had 18 sophomores and two years later had 18 seniors for a 0% attrition rate. Let's just wipe the slate clean and forget about the past and let's say there are three games on next year's schedule that WB can beat and anything less is failure. Then there are two or three more games they can play a pretty good game against and should be decent games. The following year should be the same except those good games in 2018 should be wins in 2019. I realize the county isn't going to get as excited as the city schools over wins and losses because history has proven that. Long as someone can draw a check and set on their butt and no one rocks the boat to bad the Tom Foolery will always continue.

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Gov,

A 65% attrition rate is not normal unless there is a reason. I looked at Maryville's 2015 team and they had 34 sophomores and two years later they have 25 seniors for a 25% attrition rate which would be normal for most schools. Take Alcoa two years ago and they had 18 sophomores and two years later had 18 seniors for a 0% attrition rate. Let's just wipe the slate clean and forget about the past and let's say there are three games on next year's schedule that WB can beat and anything less is failure. Then there are two or three more games they can play a pretty good game against and should be decent games. The following year should be the same except those good games in 2018 should be wins in 2019. I realize the county isn't going to get as excited as the city schools over wins and losses because history has proven that. Long as someone can draw a check and set on their butt and no one rocks the boat to bad the Tom Foolery will always continue.

Greenback is a county school.0% here also.LOL!

3 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Gov,

Good points