William blount offseason thread

• 2 weeks later...

Spring practice will officially start tomorrow afternoon.

I'm sad to say that this is the first year I am not really excited for a new season. Too many losing seasons and things have only gotten worse under Shad.

In my opinion, the Govs need to win at least 4 games this year (with one of those wins being Heritage) or Shad is not the guy for the job. 

I want to see a defense that isn't dead last in 6A too. Will we be able to stop Mcminn's inept offense with no passing threat on 3rd and 9? How about 4th and 5? Stay tuned.

Edited by TheGuvna

26 minutes ago, TheGuvna said:

I'm sad to say that this is the first year I am not really excited for a new season. Too many losing seasons and things have only gotten worse under Shad.

In my opinion, the Govs need to win at least 4 games this year (with one of those wins being Heritage) or Shad is not the guy for the job. 

I want to see a defense that isn't dead last in 6A too. Will we be able to stop Mcminn's inept offense with no passing threat on 3rd and 9? How about 4th and 5? Stay tuned.

Without looking at the schedule, at least four wins including hairtage should be the floor in LA. Sadly, it has become the ceiling. Maybe things will improve for the good folks of LA.

7 hours ago, TheGuvna said:

https://youtu.be/CQI0E1WCLMU

8 hours ago, TheGuvna said:

The Guvna is in show me mode now.  After the way last year went, I am having a hard time seeing how things are going to be much different this year. The Govs had a big line last year and couldn't push anyone around. 

Guess we'll have to see when they scrimmage South-Doyle next week. No doubt they hit bottom last season and should see much progress this year with good senior class leadership. They have done a great job in raising money for many improvements which will be great for the fans and the team. I never really could tell the place was in the condition it was until I went to the restroom and it looked like someone hired Earl Scheib to do one of his 99 dollar special paint jobs. They'll have to call in the Property Brothers from HGTV to get that mess straightened out.1604fc.jpg