William blount offseason thread

On 6/20/2018 at 5:32 PM, SweetScience said:

91, I guess you are just supposed to be all hunky dory when your team sucks year in and year out? That isn't a fan, at all. Being a fan means you want your team to succeed at all costs. You aren't content with below average football. I reckon they are. Nothing wrong with what you say on here. I would be the same way with The Ridge if we sucked for most of our existence. A program succeeds when you get enough fans of said program who strive for excellence, not sitting back and being content with mediocrity.

Good post.

8 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Good post.

I agree with SweetScience too, except for the part about mediocrity. We haven't been mediocre for a few years now. We are just plain bad.

We were mediocre when we were winning 3 games a year, competing fairly well with 6A teams, and had third place in the county locked up every year.

Now, we are statistically the worst team in 6A and cant even beat Heritage. No, we cannot honestly call ourselves mediocre anymore. Let's beat Heritage and another 6A opponent or two and then we can have that discussion again.

I respect 91/Guvna a lot. It's easy to be a Maryville or Alcoa fan right now.  I respect a person who sticks with their team through Thick or Thin. I know how 91/Guvna feels because of the way the Vols have played football lately. Tennessee Vols and Maryville Rebels are by far my favorite football teams on earth. 

14 minutes ago, REBELRON said:

I respect 91/Guvna a lot. It's easy to be a Maryville or Alcoa fan right now.  I respect a person who sticks with their team through Thick or Thin. I know how 91/Guvna feels because of the way the Vols have played football lately. Tennessee Vols and Maryville Rebels are by far my favorite football teams on earth. 

He's a real good young man for sure Rebelron.  We've tried to get him to change teams and so has Orngblk but he wants to stay true to his school. Nothing wrong with that though.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

He's a real good young man for sure Rebelron.  We've tried to get him to change teams and so has Orngblk but he wants to stay true to his school. Nothing wrong with that though.

You will NEVER succeed in getting 91 to be a Murvil fan, trust me. LOL If he does ever start rooting for another team, it will be him rooting for OR. I know, because he loves BD Gaddis.

Edited by SweetScience

9 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Today's New Word of The Day in Alnwick is Datsun and Beach.

Coach was telling his assistants we've really got the heat turned up on us now, Datsun of a Beach Barney has the fans believing we will go 3-7 or maybe 5-5 if we want it bad enough.

332pfcx.jpg

:roflol: