William blount offseason thread

22 hours ago, TheGuvna said:

WB only lost 7 seniors from this year's team and the team had lots of good young talent including a freshman QB who had a really strong finish to an otherwise disappointing season. And I believe the JV team finished 6-2 on the year, and we have another good middle school class coming up to join the ranks. 

There are a lot of reasons to believe one of those good seasons will be coming soon. It just has to happen. Its been a freaking decade.

Dissapointed you stood me up.Wont offer again.

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:38 AM, FTCRebels said:

I have a question about William Blount HS football team? 

Does the Maheia, Sugden, Burkhardt, Blocker kids still play? I would think they would be juniors or seniors this last year. Do they still play? How have their careers been?

Thanks. 

Mejia started last year as a Sophomore, and had to serve a 1 year suspension(not sure if he will be back this coming year, but I hope so)

Sugden is a stud and plays both ways for WB and will be the featured RB next year

Blocker has started both of the last two seasons in the secondary and has been a solid player for WB

Not sure of the Burkhardt name.. 

• 2 weeks later...

To Mr. Cupp

I saw a job posting yesterday on Twitter for an opening on the WB Football staff and would greatly appreciate your consideration to review my resume.

My first job was actually working for an orange juice factory, but I got canned, I couldn't concentrate.

I also tried working for a local deli but the owner had to let me go, he said I couldn't cut the mustard.

I then became a professional fisherman but discovered I couldn't live off my net income.

My qualifications for this position is from going to over 500 Maryville Football games and if I can get this position I may be able to talk to one of my buddies that sets beside me to come along that can tell you what the next play will be and he's never wrong. I also would enjoy that vacation during fall break you all take. 

Thank you so much, Barney Sox

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

To Mr. Cupp

I saw a job posting yesterday on Twitter for an opening on the WB Football staff and would greatly appreciate your consideration to review my resume.

My first job was actually working for an orange juice factory, but I got canned, I couldn't concentrate.

I also tried working for a local deli but the owner had to let me go, he said I couldn't cut the mustard.

I then became a professional fisherman but discovered I couldn't live off my net income.

My qualifications for this position is from going to over 500 Maryville Football games and if I can get this position I may be able to talk to one of my buddies that sets beside me to come along that can tell you what the next play will be and he's never wrong. I also would enjoy that vacation during fall break you all take. 

Thank you so much, Barney Sox

bc1c20055f96965177e5059dbde49174.jpg