Southside or Fayette Ware and why

OldSportsGuy

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, thenewguy85 said:

Lexington will win the district and SS will be runner up, Northside or Riverdale will challenge SS for 2nd place

Obion beat Lexington by 18 last night. I don't think they are the best in that district. They have a little trouble with guard play. They are not very deep either at that spot. I think SS guards may give them problems..

I watched the Lexington at Obion game last night. Several things.

Obion has a bunch of kids all the same size and press the entire game. They can shoot it but also they attack the rim and shot tons of free throws and made almost all of them. They are really active on defense and they crash the offensive board every time a shot goes up. They are still my early pick to win District 13 AA

Lexington had early foul trouble and had to sit a couple starters but they did not handle the pressure. they had a bag full of turnovers. How many is a bag full... I say at least 20 and probably closer to 25. I don't know if they made a free throw all night either... They looked really good in spurts and really bad most of the night. The tall kid #0 is pretty good. They just seemed out of sorts. So... with all that being said I contribute this lose to the foul trouble. They are still my early pick to win District 14 AA but they will have to take care of the ball better than that and their guards are surely better than they played last night.

newguy is probably right we are just getting started.... I think (at this point) top 4 in 13AA  maybe be better than top 4 in 14AA. But we have a ton of basketball yet to be played. We can regroup after Christmas and some things in region 7AA  should start to distinguish the pretenders from the contenders.... with that being said whoever comes away with the 7AA region still has to get through Memphis area.