Semi final South Pitt at Greenback

orngnblk

36 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

They have some great athletes don't they? It was impressive to watch. 

I have to give a shout out to our Pirates! Thanks for another great season of memories- we are so very proud of you & the effort you gave tonite!  Congrats to Greenback - you have never made it easy for us when we play each other but that is why it makes for a great rivalry. We WILL meet you again.  Perhaps at Beene sometime!  

Sounds like this game was a classic. I haven't seen anything on Cornersville this year but I have seen both GB and Huntingdon on film. I'm pulling for the east but anybody that can beat that Huntingdon team is no joke. Don't sleep on Cornersville.

I guess I will look at some Cornersville film tomorrow. 

Edited by PurplePower68

3 hours ago, sum1uno said:

Bass was not throwing that comment at Greenback. He was talking to one of our new posters. 

Don't care who Bass is throwing it at, its a fact SP is hard to pull for even tho they are in the same county as me. Vic is a good coach, but is a piece of garbage in my book. Screw Vic and all Vic represents. 

3 hours ago, SP123 said:

You must have been watching a college game on ESPN, one of those Friday’ night specials. Cause if you guys actually had a playbook that wasn’t drawn up in the backyard, you might  have an argument. Your first td was a gift after two Hail Mary passes were caught. Then you draw up a double pass to get another score. That’s 14 of your supposed 50, so im not sure you’re argument has much merit. BUt if it makes you feel better, go ahead and keep thinking that. 

Backyard football....lol! We've been winning those 50/50 balls all year. Coach Ryan's playbook has a little bit of everything. Muskox you are right we could have hung more if not for turnovers and the turnover on downs. SP is a great running team and their line may be undersized but they are stout, come off the ball and keep driving. We knew we would have our hands full at the line of scrimmage especially with our 6'6 260ish# Sophomore lineman who goes both ways out. I was proud of our line for still getting the job done. He would have had a huge impact especially on D that is for sure. #52 was definitely missed. We have two Senior lineman after our senior DE went out with season ending injury early in the season. We have some really young guys with a Freshman & 2 sophomores part of that group. We tried our best to give it away at few times but SP didn't fully capitalize. Honestly we just appeared to have more all over talent and speed and did just enough to stay on top. As our coach stated in post game interview....not our best game & maybe SP think the same I don't know. Now about this West situation....scratching head after watching Cornersville/Lake County game. HOW IN THE WORLD HAS WEST DROPPED THIS FAST? Not trying to offend anybody but after NCS in 2015 & Dresden in 2016 this! How did this Cornersville team beat that powerhouse Huntingdon team we've all been hearing about? Did somebody slip us the wrong film? No doubt SP would handle either team playing out west tonight and GB playing it's A game well.....

I have a very strong feeling we'll be visiting Beene stadium next year with almost exact GB2017 squad. Sounds like we might all be standing around the visitor's fence, lol. As long as our boys are allowed to take the field that's all we need I suppose. Nothing tops GB/SP thread & we look forward to sparring again next season if things line up. I have much respect for the passion and support SP football fans have. It must be an Orange n Black thing! No not you OnB it's the colors! 30 years later I hope 3rd times the charm. Chances have never looked better.

Edited by ladykee

55 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

Sounds like this game was a classic. I haven't seen anything on Cornersville this year but I have seen both GB and Huntingdon on film. I'm pulling for the east but anybody that can beat that Huntingdon team is no joke. Don't sleep on Cornersville.

Huntingdon must have had a really bad game. Not sleeping on Cornersville but they do not look like what we have become accustomed to seeing from the west.

1 hour ago, Throck said:

Don't care who Bass is throwing it at, its a fact SP is hard to pull for even tho they are in the same county as me. Vic is a good coach, but is a piece of garbage in my book. Screw Vic and all Vic represents. 

$500 reward for the name of this cowardly punk

Edited by OLD PIRATE
  • Like 1

A few people complaining about the facilities and the deep ball with :30 left...haha.  Found something else to complain about.

The facilities and the trucks are basically the same as it was in 2011(the last time SP visited) with the exception of the field house and the old school being gone.  

Did we score on the deep ball?...No...An if we did who cares...boohoo.  SP has done the same to us before back in the mid 90s on a couple occasions...especially in '98, y'all are up 49-30 after three and leave Moore in to run wild in the 4th to score 28 pts more...making it a 77-30 final.

See y'all next year at the SPEEDWAY... 

On 11/23/2017 at 9:44 PM, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate had to pull up an old program and granted GB lost 8, SP lost 6 offensive players that include 2 RBs & QB. 7 defensive players, Complete starting d-line and 3 of the 4 starting DBs. Both teams lost a lot but with the Pirates starting several players that are freshman & sophmores plus GB home field advantage + top 2 of the top seniors (9) slowed indicates the Pirates are the underdog.  Prediction: Pirates show up and Cherokees will have more respect for the youthful team

Old Pirate says, Sawyer Kelly's early departure immediately gave more of an advantage to Cherokees. Not excuse, simply fact. 

Edited by OLD PIRATE

25 minutes ago, cherokean said:

A few people complaining about the facilities and the deep ball with :30 left...haha.  Found something else to complain about.

The facilities and the trucks are basically the same as it was in 2011(the last time SP visited) with the exception of the field house and the old school being gone.  

Did we score on the deep ball?...No...An if we did who cares...boohoo.  SP has done the same to us before back in the mid 90s on a couple occasions...especially in '98, y'all are up 49-30 after three and leave Moore in to run wild in the 4th to score 28 pts more...making it a 77-30 final.

See y'all next year at the SPEEDWAY... 

Game is for 4 qtrs, BUT Coach calling this was classless & you not acknowledging proves your classlessness & obviously you are a liar too. Congrats on the W

Edited by OLD PIRATE