#1 Greeneville Vs. Marshall County!

DevilMan03

7 hours ago, DeeJay32 said:

I think everyone on here is merely responding to the comment that was made about running the score up and giving their respective opinions. Your opinion is that throwing late and scoring the TD was in poor taste.  And not surprisingly, the Greeneville fans disagree.  And unless someone reached out to you asking for your opinion, you were not prompted.  You are chiming in just like everyone else on these message boards.  If chiming in and providing an opinion is being defensive, then everyone is guilty of that.

Case and point.... calm down buttercup.

On 11/25/2017 at 9:50 AM, SPRedRaider said:

It’s also how you get kids hurt. There was 2 minutes left in the game. If that had been the 2nd or 3rd team QB, no problem. Those kids practice all week. But to have your starting QB throwing the ball into the end zone up 42-17 with 2 minutes to play is bush league to me. 

And I will also not deny what you said is true.  When you add two minutes to it... sure.  I am with you, I get that.  Is this the 1st string?  2nd?  Jammers getting a shot?  I can imagine being 3rd team, finally getting in the game.... heck I wanna score and do my best play and show the 1's and 2's I'm chasing them.  I'm not saying you are wrong tho.  With 2 minutes left... yeah take a knee and let's get out of here.

On 11/28/2017 at 9:46 AM, devils25 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadspin.com/high-school-football-team-wins-game-by-scoring-19-point-1820330610/amp

This is why you score if you can in the playoffs. Because you could be sent home by the miracle of momentum.

WOW!!! I had no idea they played high school football in Minnesota!?!?!  

Here's the real point or question, if you will -

Why wait until there's a minute on the clock to play with that kind of intensity?  That goes for coaches and players.  If a team can play like that in the last minute of the ball game, then I'm confused as to what's so different with the previous 47 minutes of regulation play.   

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2017 at 2:49 PM, Greendevil87 said:

Marshall county has a fine football program. And some really good people following them. I was very impressed with the people from Marshall county and Springfield as well everyone I talked to from those two fan bases were extremely nice. I have a lot of respect for both

Thank you Greendevil87- other than my Tigers losing, we enjoyed visiting your fine football facility. It was a long ride but everyone I met were very nice to me. And sometimes being nice goes along way with me, because I’m guilty of being a very outspoken fan for 40 plus years! I’ve been to a lot of Tiger games at a lot of nice stadiums but they didn’t treat us as nice as the Greenville fans did! I hope to meet up again next year! You will always hear me cheering my Tigers on no matter the score and when I see talent I can admit it! Y’all have the most fundamentally sound team we’ve played in a while, so I’m sure with your QB coming back as a Senior y’all will be tough to beat next season! Go Tigers!

On 12/26/2017 at 6:36 PM, Greendevil87 said:

Thank you we should be really good if we can stay healthy. Best of luck next year. I would love to come down and see your all's place I heard it was a good place to watch a game at. Who do you think will be the tuffest team to get by for you guy's down there next year nolensville ?

Yes definitely Nolensville will be tough- they got better every week this year. And Maplewood is a very strong and athletic team to beat as well. So we will have our hands full with both of them. We have some very good competition in our region. Best of luck to you as well!