Lake County @ Cornersville

cornerback10

13 hours ago, shockernation said:

cb10 I’m gonna start by saying y’all had best get us this year because the next 5+ years LC is the favorite outta the west! We are extremely young 3 seniors...a sophomore heavy team that has gotten better and better and now we are flat out playing great ball...no one in LC expected to be here this year...good Qb lil Tebow and the smallest rb in the state! We will run and throw...extremely hard to run on this group and our secondary has continued to improve...we will hit too! My main concern would be special teams but for the last 4-5 weeks special teams have been awesome! We have 30 kids dress?  Now how about Cornersville because we know absolutely nothing y’all other than you guys played world beaters last night? I’m taking Cornersville by 3 tds

Just gonna throw this out there little buddy, Cornersville only has a handful of seniors too. So you might want to hit the brakes on claiming the next five titles.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

All the so called experts are saying Cornersville will beat LC bad. LC is alot better than they are getting credit for. I would not be surprised if LC is in Cookeville the following week. This will be a war. I honestly thought LC was going to be the team to stun Huntingdon but Cornersville beat us to it. LC has a big line and are very physical and has speed to burn. Apparently so does Cornersville. This game has the ingredients to be a great game. LC might just shock everyone just the way Cornersville did last night.

quit blowing smoke. Show many any articles where anyone is saying Cornersville will beat Lake County bad. I haven't even heard any "so called experts" even talked about this game yet. The quarters just ended last night for crying out loud. As you can probably tell from the Bulldogs schedule, they do not overlook anyone and are not prone to overconfidence. Any team that has made it this far is going to be good and I am willing to bet this game won't be a blowout on either side. So let's stop with the hyperbole before it even gets started.

8 hours ago, mikeinglsbee said:

quit blowing smoke. Show many any articles where anyone is saying Cornersville will beat Lake County bad. I haven't even heard any "so called experts" even talked about this game yet. The quarters just ended last night for crying out loud. As you can probably tell from the Bulldogs schedule, they do not overlook anyone and are not prone to overconfidence. Any team that has made it this far is going to be good and I am willing to bet this game won't be a blowout on either side. So let's stop with the hyperbole before it even gets started.

Shocker,one of Lake Co's biggest fans  picked Cornersville by 3 touchdowns.He's an expert..lol

I think Huntingdon is a better team than Cornersville but the best team don't always win. Mustangs made mistakes and the Bulldogs made them pay. Saw Lake Co play Dresden and Trinity and y'all gonna have to tighten up your game to stay close in this one. Cornersville can hit with anyone. Over and under for how many on-side kicks Lake Co tries.

26 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

I think Huntingdon is a better team than Cornersville but the best team don't always win. Mustangs made mistakes and the Bulldogs made them pay. Saw Lake Co play Dresden and Trinity and y'all gonna have to tighten up your game to stay close in this one. Cornersville can hit with anyone. Over and under for how many on-side kicks Lake Co tries.

From what I was told,just like you said,Hunt was probably the better team but was beat on a couple pass plays.So You saw Lake Co against Dresden?.Lake Co could have very easily won that game by 2 scores.If You noticed Lake Co went on the road and beat Westwood by 2 scores.Westwood beat Hillcrest.Hillcrest beat Dresden.Lake Co beat that same Hillcrest team by 30 points and moved the ball all night.So maybe LC has gotten better.So comparing the Dresden - Hillcrest score and the LC -Hillcrest score,thats about a 40 point swing.So You think Huntingdon or Cornersville would beat Dresden by 40 points.Hunt.didnt take care of business.You say LC had better tighten up to stay close.We also had people saw Hunt play twice.Huntingdons strong suit running the ball was also Lake Co strong suit on defense.Nobody from LC thought Hunt would beat LC by 21 points.Maybe Hunt wasnt the team they thought.Milan was down.Waverly seemed to be a good team but they lost.TCA was ranked 9th in AA.Both teams had players out that night.Played Adamsville tough. Lake Co lost on the acoreboard but dominated 3 quarters of that game.Fell behind 13-0 at the half and came back.Inside the 7 but for some reason passed 3 times and didnt score.So Im not drinking the kool aid ur trying to sell

Edited by mrbigster

1 hour ago, mrbigster said:

From what I was told,just like you said,Hunt was probably the better team but was beat on a couple pass plays.So You saw Lake Co against Dresden?.Lake Co could have very easily won that game by 2 scores.If You noticed Lake Co went on the road and beat Westwood by 2 scores.Westwood beat Hillcrest.Hillcrest beat Dresden.Lake Co beat that same Hillcrest team by 30 points and moved the ball all night.So maybe LC has gotten better.So comparing the Dresden - Hillcrest score and the LC -Hillcrest score,thats about a 40 point swing.So You think Huntingdon or Cornersville would beat Dresden by 40 points.Hunt.didnt take care of business.You say LC had better tighten up to stay close.We also had people saw Hunt play twice.Huntingdons strong suit running the ball was also Lake Co strong suit on defense.Nobody from LC thought Hunt would beat LC by 21 points.Maybe Hunt wasnt the team they thought.Milan was down.Waverly seemed to be a good team but they lost.TCA was ranked 9th in AA.Both teams had players out that night.Played Adamsville tough. Lake Co lost on the acoreboard but dominated 3 quarters of that game.Fell behind 13-0 at the half and came back.Inside the 7 but for some reason passed 3 times and didnt score.So Im not drinking the kool aid ur trying to sell

The last time I checked pass plays were part of the game and they count just like every other play.  Everyone keeps saying Huntingdon was the better team and that may be true but they weren't the better team when it counted.  Huntingdon kept running the same power run plays over and over again trying to break Cornersville like they had broken everyone all year long and what they found out was that Cornersville  would not lay down like everyone else had .

4 minutes ago, MikeHoncho said:

The last time I checked pass plays were part of the game and they count just like every other play.  Everyone keeps saying Huntingdon was the better team and that may be true but they weren't the better team when it counted.  Huntingdon kept running the same power run plays over and over again trying to break Cornersville like they had broken everyone all year long and what they found out was that Cornersville  would not lay down like everyone else had .

I think it's all about matchups. LC may not be as good as Huntingdon or Cville but may match up better at the right positions and give Cville all they want and then some. On paper Cville should win, but as we've all heard, it ain't played on paper. I'm picking Cville by two scores just off what I've read and little I've watched but that's just my opinion and not disrespecting LC in any way. 

2 minutes ago, wildcat89 said:

I think it's all about matchups. LC may not be as good as Huntingdon or Cville but may match up better at the right positions and give Cville all they want and then some. On paper Cville should win, but as we've all heard, it ain't played on paper. I'm picking Cville by two scores just off what I've read and little I've watched but that's just my opinion and not disrespecting LC in any way. 

I am not trying to down LC by no means and I am sure it will be a good game.  The point is Huntingdon is not playing in it so the sooner everyone realizes that the better.

• Upvote 1