This Rule NEEDS to change TSSAA!

FridayMainEvent

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

I really couldn't care less! As long as there is a "system" and it is followed correctly, I don't understand why the outcry. If some details were manipulated in order to favor one over another, that would be a little different. Before someone starts with "the powerhouses always..." argument...if you envy their position, knock them out of it. Leave it as it is, or change it...makes no difference to me, but to say one way is more "fair" to all involved than the other would be false for the simple reason that everyone begins their season at 0-0, and nobody knows who will be seeded where at seasons end. Too much complaining about non issues.

I've always respected your view.  

On 11/18/2017 at 1:36 PM, FreeAgent11 said:
Five of the twelve Division 1 Semi-final matches have a team involved that did not win their region title. That's a good thing...

In my opinion the worse rule in the TSSAA is the alternate Home team format for rounds 3 and 4. I think this should only be used in situations involving teams with the same playoff seedings. All other games should be determined by playoff seedings (or region finish) Teams that finish higher in region play should not travel to teams that finished lower. Here are three examples for next Friday:

Second seeded Rockwood host region 3 Champs Tyner Academy. Rockwood has an amazing team as their victory over #1 ranked Meigs County last night proves that. My issue is a team which did not even win their own region should not be hosting a team which did. Anytime a higher seed is playing a lower seed the higher seed SHOULD host. The alternate home games between quads should only apply if you have two teams which entered the playoffs with the same seeding.

Second Seeded Springfield hosts red hot Haywood County. Never should a region champ be required to travel halfway across the State to play a region runner up that's just wrong.

My third and WORSE example here is region Champs Knoxville Catholic being forced to play at Knoxville Central. Granted, this is a very short road trip, but you've got a region champ being forced to travel to an 8-5 team that finished FOURTH in their region. Did they get hot in the post season? Absolutely. Should a region champ be forced to play a road game at a fourth seed? NEVER not in your wildest dreams.

I've harped on this forever and it remains one of the worse rules in the TSSAA pertaining to post season football. I hope at some point they revisit this and set it right. SEEDING DETERMINES HOME TEAM WHENEVER POSSIBLE!

End Rant......

I agree 100%. The rotation takes away from rewarding the teams who won their region or did well enough to earn the higher seeding. It gives even more incentive to win at all costs. 

3 hours ago, bounder said:

The way I get it is ,would you want to play at Maryville, Catholic, Oak Ridge, Oakland or wherever every year in the semi's. That's why they rotate. So everybody gets a chance to host a home semi game. 

But this just like the whole participation trophy thing. If you don’t like playing there every year, then do something about it & beat them so they don’t host. I just believe that if you put in the hard work & win the games your supposed to & win your region, & earn that top playoff seed, then you deserve to hold your home field advantage in the playoffs. 

49 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

But this just like the whole participation trophy thing. If you don’t like playing there every year, then do something about it & beat them so they don’t host. I just believe that if you put in the hard work & win the games your supposed to & win your region, & earn that top playoff seed, then you deserve to hold your home field advantage in the playoffs. 

AMEN...  and if another region Champion reaches the Semi's as they normally do...  A dominate team would only host EVERY OTHER year.    I'm so happy to see another voice of reason on here.   Thanks

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, FreeAgent11 said:

AMEN...  and if another region Champion reaches the Semi's as they normally do...  A dominate team would only host EVERY OTHER year.    I'm so happy to see another voice of reason on here.   Thanks

Why is it when someone agrees with someone they are a voice of reason but when someone disagrees they need to lay off the weed?  :)

I really don't have an issue with the way you propose.  SP will always be a #1 seed just because of the region itself.  Now, every 30 years Whitwell just might think they could get that #1 seed but rarely ever would.  So, technically that's not always.

I just like the fact that a certain 'area', not region, has an opportunity to host every other year regardless.  One year Region 1 and 2 bracket winner gets it and the next year Region 3 and 4 winner gets it.  

I just really don't have or see an issue with the way it is.    

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Why is it when someone agrees with someone they are a voice of reason but when someone disagrees they need to lay off the weed?  :)

I really don't have an issue with the way you propose.  SP will always be a #1 seed just because of the region itself.  Now, every 30 years Whitwell just might think they could get that #1 seed but rarely ever would.  So, technically that's not always.

I just like the fact that a certain 'area', not region, has an opportunity to host every other year regardless.  One year Region 1 and 2 bracket winner gets it and the next year Region 3 and 4 winner gets it.  

I just really don't have or see an issue with the way it is.    

Southtowner, your one of my favorite posters with our without weed.   :D  I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.   

Just now, FreeAgent11 said:

Southtowner, your one of my favorite posters with our without weed.   :D  I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.   

It's good to have different opinions on some things.  A good person will always surround themselves with different viewing people to hear both sides before making a decision.  Like I said to TraderTwo, I've always respected his views.  That goes for you too buddy.  :thumb:

Get some coaches views on this.   

Also, the rotation I can't stand is the way they've set up the championship dates.  DII playoff games are finished except for the championships and here we are in the DI division having yet to play our semi-final and will turn around and play that and our championship games before they play theirs out.  Do something about that!  :)

2 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

It's good to have different opinions on some things.  A good person will always surround themselves with different viewing people to hear both sides before making a decision.  Like I said to TraderTwo, I've always respected his views.  That goes for you too buddy.  :thumb:

Get some coaches views on this.   

Also, the rotation I can't stand is the way they've set up the championship dates.  DII playoff games are finished except for the championships and here we are in the DI division having yet to play our semi-final and will turn around and play that and our championship games before they play theirs out.  Do something about that!  :)

Yeah, it would make sense to me to have their championship this weekend.   Cookeville would have 2 weekends of title games.   Tech may be at home this week?   No clue.

3 minutes ago, FreeAgent11 said:

Yeah, it would make sense to me to have their championship this weekend.   Cookeville would have 2 weekends of title games.   Tech may be at home this week?   No clue.

I have no idea.  That's something they need to consider before placing a bid.  

The thing about the rotation of championship games is this:  Class 1A, 3A and 5A has the Thursday schedule for the championship games  2 of this 4 year cycle.  The way things have gone, the TSSAA will likely change this as they are always trying to tinker or fine tune things.  That was TraderTwo's point he brought up.  Choose something and stick with it.