Brighton @ Beech

tandem

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly do not know how Brighton has made it this far. Never would I have ever thought it would happen. They started out something like 1-3 or 1-4. They played some decent teams throughout the regular season, tho they pretty much lost to every decent team they played. Like I said, I am stunned that they made it this far. That win last week at Henry Co is really impressive. 

Brighton has a great offense they was averaging around 49 ppg dont know if that's the same now or not. They put up 42 points in the 2nd half against Southwind to come back and pull out the win. They seem like an underdog but I promise u they will give Beech all they want and may very well pull out another win. This team in Brighton is NOT to be taken lightly!!! 

Brighton has had a magical season, but this just has the feel of a game in which the magic abruptly runs out. Beech remains undefeated and is coming off a lackluster performance with something to prove. As a program, they've been here before, and their kids know how to win. They've been finding ways to do it all year. Moreover, they don't hide what they do. They're going to line up and run it at you, and they're better at doing it than most. Brighton, on the other hand, entered the playoffs with 4 losses and have poured their heart and soul into these last two games (a ridiculous 2nd half comeback against Southwind and a huge upset at our place). They have grit and they have some serious talent, but they remind me of our 2006 team that made a great run but got absolutely worked over by Hillsboro in the semifinals.   

35-14 Beech 

Edited by MSURacer

1 hour ago, MSURacer said:

Brighton has had a magical season, but this just has the feel of a game in which the magic abruptly runs out. Beech remains undefeated and is coming off a lackluster performance with something to prove. As a program, they've been here before, and their kids no how to win. They've been finding ways to do it all year. Moreover, they don't hide what they do. They're going to line up and run it at you, and they're better at doing it than most. Brighton, on the other hand, entered the playoffs with 4 losses and have poured their heart and soul into these last two games (a ridiculous 2nd half comeback against Southwind and a huge upset at our place). They have grit and they have some serious talent, but they remind me of our 2006 team that made a great run but got absolutely worked over by Hillsboro in the semifinals.   

35-14 Beech 

I endorse this post!!

20 hours ago, tandem said:

Don’t know much about Brighton, but they have to be good to go to Henry County and win. Interested to hear thoughts on this game. 

Tandem, we didn't do you guys any favors by losing to Brighton.Although we were playing without our number one RB and with number two hobbled with a groin strain , we didn't play bad at all:Brighton just played better and deserved the win.They were much better than I expected. MSU Racer gave a thoughtful and reasonable assessment of Brighton. Another evaluation might be that after a miserable early season due to issues and injuries they are only now hitting their stride and realizing how good they can be. They have a huge offensive line  (averaging 280 pounds per Murphy Fair ).I'm usually not overly impressed with huge high school lines, but these guys are really pretty good Their skilled players, especially numbers !,2 and 23 are very good .Their record doesn't show a very strong defense but we had some difficulty scoring TDs on them I know how good Beech is  but I would warn you not to overlook these guys.

2 hours ago, olddevil said:

Tandem, we didn't do you guys any favors by losing to Brighton.Although we were playing without our number one RB and with number two hobbled with a groin strain , we didn't play bad at all:Brighton just played better and deserved the win.They were much better than I expected. MSU Racer gave a thoughtful and reasonable assessment of Brighton. Another evaluation might be that after a miserable early season due to issues and injuries they are only now hitting their stride and realizing how good they can be. They have a huge offensive line  (averaging 280 pounds per Murphy Fair ).I'm usually not overly impressed with huge high school lines, but these guys are really pretty good Their skilled players, especially numbers !,2 and 23 are very good .Their record doesn't show a very strong defense but we had some difficulty scoring TDs on them I know how good Beech is  but I would warn you not to overlook these guys.

I was at the game in Paris and agree with your post. Brighton made the Pats kick field goals instead of letting them score td's. That being said the Cardinals, usually the team knocked out in the first round, is in uncharted waters. They looked a little undisciplined to this no nothing observer and that is not a trait that helps you win games this time of the year.

Clock strikes 12 for Cinderella Friday night.

13 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

I will pull for Brighton since they are in my home county (Tipton). They have really turned their season around since Covington beat them 26-0 early this season. If they could win on the road at Henry County, they can probably win anywhere.

I hope to see both T County teams win this week and advance to Cookeville.

Congratulations on two Tipton teams getting this far and Munford wasn't bad either. You all keep it up and folks will start confusing you with Blount County.