OAK RIDGE WILDCAT FOOTBALL 2018

WilleTheWildcat

The 2017 season finished with most people feeling like the Cats had a very good year with progress made as the season went along. The defense was showered with  lots of deserving praise, the OL/DL made improvement, the offense displayed moments of effectiveness and many good athletes stepped up and shined. Another bright spot was the undefeated Freshmen team  full of all types of players. Great athletes and much needed linemen. All in all, a successful 2017, 10 - 3 Region Champions and quarterfinal team.

What are you opinions on the upcoming 2018 season? Will Blankenship get the necessary work done to its facilities? Basically, all areas of the football team is up for discussion.

Roll Wildcats Roll!

1 minute ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

The 2017 season finished with most people feeling like the Cats had a very good year with progress made as the season went along. The defense was showered with  lots of deserving praise, the OL/DL made improvement, the offense displayed moments of effectiveness and many good athletes stepped up and shined. Another bright spot was the undefeated Freshmen team  full of all types of players. Great athletes and much needed linemen. All in all, a successful 2017, 10 - 3 Region Champions and quarterfinal team.

What are you opinions on the upcoming 2018 season? Will Blankenship get the necessary work done to its facilities? Basically, all areas of the football team is up for discussion.

Roll Wildcats Roll!

Since last Friday was our last game at home...win or lose, I was hoping to see a construction army waiting for everyone to leave and get started. So the turf is funded and the stadium refurb is not? Will they put the turf down without the refurb money being secured? Looking at the plans and the amount of folks that showed up for 3 regional playoff games maybe 20,000 capacity is little extreme.

Glad to see all the work that is going to be going into Blankenship Field. It is terrible when it gets muddy on that field. Worn out bleachers, visitor lockers are really hot. Just worn out. That Turf field is going to be really nice too. Now that is 2 out of 3 high schools in Anderson with a turf field...Could be 3 but you know a pill box with 30 yards of turf is nice lol. 

1 hour ago, atrisk said:

The concept is really nice. These drawings are about 5 years old and involve some pipe dreams imo. But it's a plan/vision and that's important. I'm still not sold on the turf but would probably like it if it goes down. 

I'm not totally sold on the turf.  My son used to like to play in the sloppy mud of a wet field, and it was fun to watch.  But that's just me.  I'll be happy with whatever.  Would like a Jumbotron though.  And they need to save a little grass for the kids that like to roll down the hill during the game lol .

36 minutes ago, ORcats said:

I'm not totally sold on the turf.  My son used to like to play in the sloppy mud of a wet field, and it was fun to watch.  But that's just me.  I'll be happy with whatever.  Would like a Jumbotron though.  And they need to save a little grass for the kids that like to roll down the hill during the game lol .

What do you mean "kids that like to roll down,"?  I still roll down the hill but it is because I lost my footing and went wee wee wee down the hill :D 

If I remember right, last year David Clary asked the players what they wanted to be done at Blankenship and Jumbotron was top of the list. I do remember # 30 saying Jumbotron. I thought he would say field turf.

My biggest concern is the current population in Oak Ridge does not support the High School's athletics like in the past. Last season, every girls and boys basketball games should have been packed. The players on both teams played at a very high level. With a 5 Star Player like Tee, the city should turned out better  for football. This past football season should have been better supported in the playoffs. The kids/players deserved the support.

I hate to say it but the money spent on Blankenship will not be appreciated by the population. One thing I do know is the kids growing up in OR deserve it.

Lol....about the hill.  Plus I need an escalator to get back up if I ever go down....or a mule.

I know what u mean about the crowds.  I wish they had reduced prices at the gate for younger folks/students. It gets expensive for a family to attend.  Maybe that would help. 

I hope they can at least make some improvements.  We'll see .