OAK RIDGE WILDCAT FOOTBALL 2018

WilleTheWildcat

11 hours ago, atrisk said:

I'm thinking by mid season we will be better than at the end of last year on the defensive side of the ball. Offensively we should be hard to stop from the git go. Looking forward to a much improved football team.

I believe we had the second best team in 5A last year. I hope you’re right but I’m not sure we can be a “much improved football team” over last year. 

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 4:48 AM, wingman10 said:

Like reading the positive good news about the Cats.

Me too but I read a tweet that said four LBs from Fulton have been offered scholarships. There QB has been mentioned as the best athlete in Knoxville. Not to worry, we have very skilled athletes too and they will be coached up just fine. The players must make a commitment like they have never done for. RWR!...and that is not three little words... you go to bed saying them, wake up saying them and pray to God to say them with you as times get tough.

I'm new to Coacht but I'm a life long OR football fan. I read this stuff all the time but have never posted until now. What are the strengths and weakness of our team?  Who will we scrimmage? Will we get the turf? How good will we be? Will we play in the 7 on 7 in Maryville again?

39 minutes ago, bonkers said:

I'm new to Coacht but I'm a life long OR football fan. I read this stuff all the time but have never posted until now. What are the strengths and weakness of our team?  Who will we scrimmage? Will we get the turf? How good will we be? Will we play in the 7 on 7 in Maryville again?

I’m not sure about the 7on7 at MC but I do know that we will be scrimmaging again this year. 

7 hours ago, bonkers said:

I am no expert but here are my thoughts. The strengths will be the skill players at RB, WR and DB. Also, Jeremy Mitchell playing DE this season and Jacob Adams. Weakness to start the season will be OL/DL, P/K and QB. However, as the season rolls along all the areas should improve nicely. RW already answered the scrimmage question. The  turf is a mystery but I am going with it will be ready for the home opener vs Kingsport. Overall, I see us being very good and certainly a playoff team. Very concerned that once in the playoffs we will be up against Fulton and Catholic. Maybe the two best teams in the State in Class 5A. I think I have read on Facebook that we are in the Maryville 7 on 7.

Welcome Bonkers. New blood is always welcomed. RWR!

Edited by WilleTheWildcat

6 minutes ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

I am no expert but here are my thoughts. The strengths will be the skill players at RB, WR and DB. Also, Jeremy Mitchell playing DE this season and Jacob Adams. Weakness to start the season will be OL/DL, P/K and QB. However, as the season rolls along all the areas should improve nicely. RW already answered the scrimmage question. The  turf is a mystery but I am going with it will be ready for the home opener vs Kingsport. Overall, I see us being very good and certainly a playoff team. Very concerned that once in the playoffs we will be up against Fulton and Catholic. Maybe the two best teams in the State in Class 5A. I think I have read on Facebook that we are in the Maryville 7 on 7.

Thanks WW! I am also worried about Fulton and Catholic. DB and Farragut are also loaded but not playoff concerns. I have no idea about HVA. West should be loaded again on defense. Jeremy Mitchell will play DE??????? That’s a shock!

1 hour ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

Whaaaaaaaat? Jeremy Mitchell to DE? Who told you that?