OAK RIDGE WILDCAT FOOTBALL 2018

WilleTheWildcat

3 hours ago, catswild said:

What are you talking about?

I think City Council approved the necessary funding they needed to provide. The State has put in what it said it would. A group of alumni has come through with money. So I believe the project has all the money needed and work will begin soon.

Will it be ready for the DB game? I think they have cut it too close and with any weather problems the field will NOT be ready.

Where could we move the game to? Back up to Kingsport? Only if they agree to come to OR the following two seasons. It would have to be a field where the home team is playing away. Too much to think about so I am going to bed.

21 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

I think City Council approved the necessary funding they needed to provide. The State has put in what it said it would. A group of alumni has come through with money. So I believe the project has all the money needed and work will begin soon.

Will it be ready for the DB game? I think they have cut it too close and with any weather problems the field will NOT be ready.

Where could we move the game to? Back up to Kingsport? Only if they agree to come to OR the following two seasons. It would have to be a field where the home team is playing away. Too much to think about so I am going to bed.

My thoughts are ...  it can't be a 9 to 5 job, they're gonna have to work overtime and on weekends. Shouldn't be a problem to work all night, as the lights are already there!  Should negotiate that they do just that. Give em a bonus if they get through early and fine the crap out of them if they don't finish on time.

Oh and they said they would start in about 10 days soooo now it's just 5 days. Don't believe it till I see it.

Edited by bounder

4 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

I keep seeing the new turf put down for Austin-East on twitter. It looks really good and now they want to work on the track surrounding the field and the scoreboard. Sound like any high school we know about?

It doesn’t sound like OR at all. Which school are you referring to? AE is taking action, they aren’t just talking. Come on Gaddis...take action like AE or stop talking about it! 

7 minutes ago, catswild said:

It doesn’t sound like OR at all. Which school are you referring to? AE is taking action, they aren’t just talking. Come on Gaddis...take action like AE or stop talking about it! 

How is this on Gaddis? I’ve never read or heard where he’s said anything about it. What are you talking about?

22 minutes ago, catswild said:

He’s the head coach, right? AE is getting it done but never talked about it. All we do is talk...all talk, no action!

Pilot is doing theirs and all of Knoxville, I think. I’ve never heard they were doing ours, have you????  You’re too cynical. Get a life!

8 hours ago, bonkers said:

Pilot is doing theirs and all of Knoxville, I think. I’ve never heard they were doing ours, have you????  You’re too cynical. Get a life!

Pilot/FlyingJ/Haslam family gifted roughly $14 million to turf all of the high school public school football fields, replace tracks, and donate to academic programs.  It was a three year project, and after AE is finished all of the Knox County public schools will have turf.  

And all of the football playing privates - GCA, Webb, CAK, Catholic - have artificial turf, as well, but they weren't part of the Pilot/FlyingJ/Haslam project.