OAK RIDGE WILDCAT FOOTBALL 2018

WilleTheWildcat

If the playing field is open to the public then you can be assured there will be cases of abuse. A team from Knoxville come to OR to use the practice field during spring and summer. The coach, of this team, told me that the Knoxville schools close their fields so they come over here. I'm sure they would like a new place to practice.

Just a thought on the "track" at Blankenship. The track at the school is used extensively by walkers, runners, joggers. Not just students. Maybe if they build a multi lane track then 5he see citizens could be channeled to Blankenship and off the HS campus. I would like to see a multi lane track as long as we're doing the work.

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 9:52 AM, atrisk said:

If the playing field is open to the public then you can be assured there will be cases of abuse. A team from Knoxville come to OR to use the practice field during spring and summer. The coach, of this team, told me that the Knoxville schools close their fields so they come over here. I'm sure they would like a new place to practice.

Maybe they could specify that any teams that use the field for practice be from Oak Ridge?  Just thinking out loud.

3 hours ago, NoleNation3 said:

Looks like Oak Ridge was the best non private school team in 5a this yr.I know Im bias but it feels like Oak Ridge should be state champs right now.Cant wait for next yr.I think we can be better if everybody plays next yr.

I know Beech, Fulton,...could make the same argument, but I , too, feel like this woulda/coulda/shoulda been OR’s year. At least, it should have been a public school’s year.  Yes, Catholic was the best private school in a public school championship. The Catholic poster who said they couldn’t win even when they won was right. They could only really win playing in private school division where they should have been.  Except for Catholic fans, this championship is a joke. Talk is that TSSAA will move them to private as they should have been in the first place. That doesn’t right things for the public schools this year.  

With all that said: Congratulations Catholic on your public school championship!

• Like 1