OAK RIDGE WILDCAT FOOTBALL 2018

WilleTheWildcat

31 minutes ago, atrisk said:

I'm thinking 12-2 ; 13-1 maybe better. 

You either don't know football at all...or you never watch the line play...or both. DB and Farragut will DESTROY us up front and HVA could do the same. We have NO experience at QB, Punter, or Kicker and you think we'll be 12-2, 13-1, or maybe better! LOL HA HA HA HA      Our offensive line will make last year's group look great. We do have a very good group of skill players returning but we saw what good that did us at DB and Farragut last year. We will have to improve like we did last year but we will have to do it with an even younger offensive line, a QB with NO experience, a punter with NO experience, and a kicker with NO experience........12-2 or 13-1...what the heck are you smoking?????  I hope you're right but it's not logical to even think that way.

Edited by catswild

5 hours ago, atrisk said:

Thought maybe you had grown up from last year. Guess not.

Ok Mr Maturity, let me get this straight. Because I have well founded concerns about the offensive line, a QB with NO experience, a punter with NO experience, a kicker with NO experience, and the fact that we lose two All State players on defense...that makes me “not a grown up”????  I would say given what I just stated, an immature post might be a prediction of 13-1 or better!!!!!!!

Based on decades of evidence, I am not worried about the Oak Ridge kicking and punting game. It has been my experience when actually living in OR, that kids spend a lot of time at the practice field developing their legs all winter, spring and summer long. Usually, these kids started playing soccer at age five and by the time they get to high school and make the switch to football they have strong legs and are accurate with their kicks.

I am actually excited about our QB situation even though it is VERY inexperienced.  I agree whole heartedly, we may struggle at first but there are players with skills and leadership ability just waiting to get a chance to prove themselves. I guess Booker will be QB #1 in the spring. He  is no stranger to the field and excelled last season at other positions. He also had a very good JV season running some QB. There are a few other QBs on the team that could be developing into something special right now that I don't know about. Last but not least the JV QB from 2017 is going to be special just don't know how far along he is. Their was also a good freshmen QB two years ago whose name I always butcher Repolgio who played defense last season who is an athlete.

As for the linemen, I simply have to admit I don't know. As a fan, I am going to support all the guys playing that important position and have high hopes. 

One thing I learn every years is there are a few players that I am not aware of who to me come out of nowhere and play great football. Many of you may have expected great things from Colby the Angle of Death but I was happily surprised by him.

I am not ready to predict a season record but I know I will predict a lot more wins than defeats because I always wear Cardinal and Gray color glasses. RWR!

The fact that I take a guess, make a prediction on next year's record and have my knowledge questioned in such a manner, accused of what I may be ingesting to bring about said prediction is what makes me question your level of maturity.  As to why your usually I nvolved in this type of conversation; I think I mentioned professional help last year.

Willie,                                                              All good reasons for high expectations next year. May no happen, but the chemistry is there. Very good returning group with some unknown talent in the wings. Then there's coaching. Joe and his staff did a great job (imo) last year and I'm looking for the same if not improvement in 2018. Saw some of the footballers working out with the track bunch. They looked bigger and faster than I remember. If one of them is the Jackson kid and he decides to play football ......LOOK OUT.

1 hour ago, atrisk said:

The fact that I take a guess, make a prediction on next year's record and have my knowledge questioned in such a manner, accused of what I may be ingesting to bring about said prediction is what makes me question your level of maturity.  As to why your usually I nvolved in this type of conversation; I think I mentioned professional help last year.

The "professional help" comment actually made me laugh out loud. I commend your sense of humor. Sometimes I forget how "serious" and "no nonsense" you are...maybe even "overly sensitive"...therefore, I apologize (I'm serious) for insulting you. BUT...when I read your post about "12-2, 13-1, or maybe better", I had to seriously question if you pay attention to personnel at all...especially on the offensive line. Unlike Willie, I do even worry about the punter/kicker too. And while we have talent at QB, we have ZERO experience. I can see us losing to HVA...I'll call it a tossup...and I see definite losses to DB and Farragut. I also see a likely loss to Fulton because they have EVERYONE back and we don't. I only hope we improve like we did last year.

Oak Ridge Boys are at it again.  What did Cats predict preseason last year.  It's so funny every year you all this team over achieves according to you all pre-season records.  What was there record last year. I think they were 10-3. Not bad to a team that was supposed to go 4-6. Well at HVA we have to replace Dykes. Our defense will have a chance to be pretty good but our offense will have some work to do. We hope to contain Graham again.  Our staff told our players to follow him to restroom.  It was so funny the first play you faked to him and our safeties and corner were all in the backfield and #4 was by himself. QB is key. Oak Ridge is an option team so lineman don't need to be big.  They don't run the I or an offense that need to push people around. The strange thing is why didn't they go in gun with Higgins.  

10 hours ago, GIJoe said:

Oak Ridge Boys are at it again.  What did Cats predict preseason last year.  It's so funny every year you all this team over achieves according to you all pre-season records.  What was there record last year. I think they were 10-3. Not bad to a team that was supposed to go 4-6. Well at HVA we have to replace Dykes. Our defense will have a chance to be pretty good but our offense will have some work to do. We hope to contain Graham again.  Our staff told our players to follow him to restroom.  It was so funny the first play you faked to him and our safeties and corner were all in the backfield and #4 was by himself. QB is key. Oak Ridge is an option team so lineman don't need to be big.  They don't run the I or an offense that need to push people around. The strange thing is why didn't they go in gun with Higgins.  

HVA shut Graham down completely but our line didn't block many people early in the season...and we will be the same or worse, early next season.  You may be right about the OR offense but I do believe it would be nice to make a block or two in the first month of the season when we play our toughest opponents (except Fulton and West). Why do you spend the vast majority of your time worrying about OR? I checked a few HVA threads from last year and you are NEVER on there! What's up with that??????

1 hour ago, catswild said:

HVA shut Graham down completely but our line didn't block many people early in the season...and we will be the same or worse, early next season.  You may be right about the OR offense but I do believe it would be nice to make a block or two in the first month of the season when we play our toughest opponents (except Fulton and West). Why do you spend the vast majority of your time worrying about OR? I checked a few HVA threads from last year and you are NEVER on there! What's up with that??????

i thought graham transferred?