Blackman

Pumpkin007

John Gruden  is my understanding.... lol...ok in all seriousness.I am a huge David Watson fan just as I was a Phillip Shadowens fan.  I have watched them both in personal settings as well as in coaching opportunities and I believe they are men of high character and moral values. I think some would argue that about Shadowens, in light of what was thrown out in regards to missing monies, however nearly 3 years later and still no charges, no pending actions. I still believe he was not much of a book keeper but a good man and coach. As it pertains to David Watson, you would have to dig and I mean really dig to find anything negative about him.  I do know some coaches grumbled, some parents grumbled, but that is expected in every program. For whatever reason, the administration has made a decision to go a different direction with leadership. I know David has been asked to stay on and teach and it appears as if he will for the immediate future, but I also believe that there are a bunch of programs that will be calling on him for his coaching services  tomorrow morning.  Either way I will still be cheering my son and his teamates on ...This game is bigger, than one player, one coach or one team... I wish Coach Watson, his wife and kids nothing but Gods very best blessing.  Thank you for 3 great years

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

John Gruden  is my understanding.... lol...ok in all seriousness.I am a huge David Watson fan just as I was a Phillip Shadowens fan.  I have watched them both in personal settings as well as in coaching opportunities and I believe they are men of high character and moral values. I think some would argue that about Shadowens, in light of what was thrown out in regards to missing monies, however nearly 3 years later and still no charges, no pending actions. I still believe he was not much of a book keeper but a good man and coach. As it pertains to David Watson, you would have to dig and I mean really dig to find anything negative about him.  I do know some coaches grumbled, some parents grumbled, but that is expected in every program. For whatever reason, the administration has made a decision to go a different direction with leadership. I know David has been asked to stay on and teach and it appears as if he will for the immediate future, but I also believe that there are a bunch of programs that will be calling on him for his coaching services  tomorrow morning.  Either way I will still be cheering my son and his teamates on ...This game is bigger, than one player, one coach or one team... I wish Coach Watson, his wife and kids nothing but Gods very best blessing.  Thank you for 3 great years

As you know I am not a big Watson fan from the time he was HC at Siegel.  I thought he choked too much.  I do not think he will be picked up by anyone other than maybe LaVergne.  He would be a big improvement there.  I do not see him going to R'dale or Oakland or back to Siegel.

I have heard NOTHING bad about what happened at Blackman.  I too wish God's blessing on him and his family.