Class 1a state championship game Greenback against Cornersville

orngnblk

1 minute ago, GreenbackStateChamps2017 said:

Lol I've never heard that expression before. It's funny you say that though. I'm just messing around to be honest. I think it will be a fun game to watch. An extraordinary defense vs an extraordinary offense. 

Can't wait I believe it will be a tight ballgame. Turnovers and stupid penalties will be the difference. 

1 minute ago, TheBigDawg said:

Thank you for not being one of the Gomer's predicting a 50 point blowout.  Your posts show respect to our team and are not clouded in the misjudgment of being a fan.

No problem! I was sending out some posts at first just to mess around lol. 

Cornersville has obviously performed well to this point to make it all the way to the final dance. Both teams have. They wouldn't be battling for a state championship if they weren't both deserving of the championship. I'm excited to see a well contested game in what should be a close one!

Lol I've never heard that expression before. It's funny you say that though. I'm just messing around to be honest. I think it will be a fun game to watch. An extraordinary defense vs an extraordinary offense. 

Agreed. Greenback is trying to get the monkey off their back and Cornersville is playing for a fallen brother and proving that they deserve to be here. No matter the outcome, I am beyond happy for those young men in maroon and white. Makes all those beatings we took while I played for Cornersville well worth it. 

No problem! I was sending out some posts at first just to mess around lol. 

Cornersville has obviously performed well to this point to make it all the way to the final dance. Both teams have. They wouldn't be battling for a state championship if they weren't both deserving of the championship. I'm excited to see a well contested game in what should be a close one!

I agree no matter what smack is talked on here. Both teams deserve to be here. Everybody knows it. Respect to both teams. 

Just now, leadfarmer said:

Agreed. Greenback is trying to get the monkey off their back and Cornersville is playing for a fallen brother and proving that they deserve to be here. No matter the outcome, I am beyond happy for those young men in maroon and white. Makes all those beatings we took while I played for Cornersville well worth it. 

Couldn't agree more. Making it all the way to the state championship two years in a row just to come up short in the last game has been a tough pill to swallow. It's difficult to work so hard to win a state title for your community and to fall short by one game. I'm proud of the way they have responded to the adversity though. Three years in a row is no joke. 

I heard of Cornersville's fallen brother. It would be an incredible story to finish with a state title for him. The motivation is clearly there, and they have done very well so far. Regardless of the outcome they have a lot to be proud of. 

14 minutes ago, leadfarmer said:

This is comical. Looks like someone created another account because they don't have the nuts to say all this under their main account.  How cute.

I agree with you there are a lot of people on here that hide behind there screen names. I have the the up most respect for your team. Number one they are playing tomorrow and not sitting home , so that says something about them. 2 They beat the more recognized teams to get here. 3 they are a small school just like us. I hope we win but as long as we play as hard as we have been and leave it on the field and your team is the better team then so be it. BUT and that is a big BUT in my opinion  I think we win by 14. No disrespect intended. I hope everyone has a  safe trip to the game and all the players leave the game healthy. Now lets play some football!!!!!!!!

I tried to keep up with this thread this week but pop-ups made me give up. Just want to wish both teams good luck tomorrow, I think it'll be a low scoring game and after thinking about it for a week I'm predicting GB 27 Cville 20, no offense to my friends in Cville as I'd love to see them get the win but after the QB injury my gut tells me GB will get the stops needed to pull it out

Just now, MikeHoncho said:

GB plays in a region with 2 teams GB and Coalfield.  The first 2 rounds of the playoffs every year are give me games.

You're not wrong. Coalfield and South Pitt were both very good teams though. I'm not saying the East is better than the West in 1A, but we have a couple of solid victories as well. Taking out Huntingdon was quite the accomplishment for sure. 

You can't undermine our accomplishments though. There's a reason we have made it to this point three years in a row. The best West teams has proven its dominance over the best East team for the past two years. We will see if we come up short again this year, but I feel better abut this year in comparison to years past. We have the talent. Now we just have to execute.

2 minutes ago, GreenbackStateChamps2017 said:

You're not wrong. Coalfield and South Pitt were both very good teams though. I'm not saying the East is better than the West in 1A, but we have a couple of solid victories as well. Taking out Huntingdon was quite the accomplishment for sure. 

You can't undermine our accomplishments though. There's a reason we have made it to this point three years in a row. The best West teams has proven its dominance over the best East team for the past two years. We will see if we come up short again this year, but I feel better abut this year in comparison to years past. We have the talent. Now we just have to execute.

Making it to the finals 3 years in a row is something to be very proud of but some of the Homers predicting a  huge blowout are crazy

Just now, MikeHoncho said:

Making it to the finals 3 years in a row is something to be very proud of but some of the Homers predicting a  huge blowout are crazy

We will see how it goes. Our offense is quite versatile, but if your defense shows up like they have all year then it should be a tightly contested game for sure. 

15 minutes ago, GreenbackStateChamps2017 said:

Couldn't agree more. Making it all the way to the state championship two years in a row just to come up short in the last game has been a tough pill to swallow. It's difficult to work so hard to win a state title for your community and to fall short by one game. I'm proud of the way they have responded to the adversity though. Three years in a row is no joke. 

I heard of Cornersville's fallen brother. It would be an incredible story to finish with a state title for him. The motivation is clearly there, and they have done very well so far. Regardless of the outcome they have a lot to be proud of. 

My son plays for Marshall County and we made it to the semis 3 straight.  Couldn't get over the hump in either of those games. Couldn't imagine making it to the dance that many times and coming up short. Know the feeling sort of. I hope for an injury free game for both teams. Could be a close one. Can't wait.