Cain Ridge vs. Mairvul

STARSNBARS

Looking forward to a competitive game Friday night between 2 great teams. I have a lot of respect for the progress that Cane Ridge has been able to make in the short time that their football program has been around. It's not easy to make it this far in any classification, let alone 6A, and they've beaten some great teams to get to this point. Quite an accomplishment and CR should be proud of what they've accomplished no matter the outcome Friday night. 

That being said, I think if Maryville plays the way they did this past Friday, it's going to be very difficult for CR to pull the upset. Hopkins really impressed me, he was easily the best QB that Oakland faced all year IMO. Can one of you Maryville fans tell me if Coach Hunt calls the offensive plays for you guys? If so, I thought he did a great job. I also didn't realize before this past Friday that Coach Hunt is only 28 years old. The program doesn't seem to have missed a beat since GQ left, very impressive.

Good luck to both teams Friday night!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, STARSNBARS said:

Eye haiv ben studyin' tha Cain Ridge teem...Thay haiv tha best D eye haiv seed this yeer....Grait LBers......:unsure:

Wint ahead and bumped tham upp two a 114.7 pt favritt....:unsure:

That Cane Ridge QB is nice as well. Pretty dog gone accurate. Speed to burn on the wings. Whitehaven had a whale of a time containing those guys. Whew!

Edited by kwc

29 minutes ago, Ozone03 said:

Looking forward to a competitive game Friday night between 2 great teams. I have a lot of respect for the progress that Cane Ridge has been able to make in the short time that their football program has been around. It's not easy to make it this far in any classification, let alone 6A, and they've beaten some great teams to get to this point. Quite an accomplishment and CR should be proud of what they've accomplished no matter the outcome Friday night. 

That being said, I think if Maryville plays the way they did this past Friday, it's going to be very difficult for CR to pull the upset. Hopkins really impressed me, he was easily the best QB that Oakland faced all year IMO. Can one of you Maryville fans tell me if Coach Hunt calls the offensive plays for you guys? If so, I thought he did a great job. I also didn't realize before this past Friday that Coach Hunt is only 28 years old. The program doesn't seem to have missed a beat since GQ left, very impressive.

Good luck to both teams Friday night!

Coach Hunt does call the O. He is very wise beyond his years. I wish I had my head on as straight as he does 20 years ago. 

1 hour ago, rebelwoman87 said:

Coach Hunt does call the O. He is very wise beyond his years. I wish I had my head on as straight as he does 20 years ago. 

He calls the plays without a headset on also ... Just like George did ! The double reverse pass gave me Deja Vu back to the early days of Coach Quarles... you didn’t see it coming... that’s what was so amazing about George, he would pull a play out like that when you least expected it , Derek learned well 

14 minutes ago, pepvol said:

He calls the plays without a headset on also ... Just like George did ! The double reverse pass gave me Deja Vu back to the early days of Coach Quarles... you didn’t see it coming... that’s what was so amazing about George, he would pull a play out like that when you least expected it , Derek learned well 

It was well-timed and well-executed. If I remember correctly, Maryville tried the exact same play earlier in the game and Oakland had it covered. It looked as though it definitely wasn't expected the 2nd time, Hopkins was all alone near the sideline. One of the best high school games I've seen in a long time, it's a shame one team had to lose!

2 hours ago, kwc said:

Speed to burn on the wings. Whitehaven had a whale of a time containing those guys. Whew!

There's a lot to be said in that statement....being that WH had a hard time matching up with CR in certain positions when it came to speed.  Maryville's kids, will more often than not, be in position to make plays because they are disciplined, but will speed make the difference?  I'm looking forward to a great game.  I have no allegiance to either team, but what I appreciate is that one team is loaded with football talent in terms of athleticism, and the other team is loaded with kids that just get the job done.  The Thoroughbred vs the Draft Horse.

3 hours ago, kwc said:

That Cane Ridge QB is nice as well. Pretty dog gone accurate. Speed to burn on the wings. Whitehaven had a whale of a time containing those guys. Whew!

I wouldn’t necessarily agree that we had a whale of a time containing them. They only managed 184 total yards and 87 of them came off of one long TD run. Our offense and special teams just kept putting our defense in horrible positions. Those three red zone possession where we came up with zero points did more damage than their speed did. Rayshad shut their star receiver down and got a pick.  Maryville has much better special teams and a way more explosive offense than we have. I’m torn; I kinda want Cane Ridge to win but if I was betting on this game I’d have to pick Maryville by at least two scores. Not trying to take anything away from CR but we can’t ignore that elephant in the room. I hope it’s a good competitive game tho but from what I saw CR is gonna have to play lights out and to get outta that single high safety defense or Maryville QB is gonna rip them to shreds. 

Edited by Havengrad04

36 minutes ago, Havengrad04 said:

I wouldn’t necessarily agree that we had a whale of a time containing them. They only managed 184 total yards and 87 of them came off of one long TD run. Our offense and special teams just kept putting our defense in horrible positions. Those three red zone possession where we came up with zero points did more damage than their speed did. Rayshad shut their star receiver down and got a pick.  Maryville has much better special teams and a way more explosive offense than we have. I’m torn; I kinda want Cane Ridge to win but if I was betting on this game I’d have to pick Maryville by at least two scores. Not trying to take anything away from CR but we can’t ignore that elephant in the room. I hope it’s a good competitive game tho but from what I saw CR is gonna have to play lights out and to get outta that single high safety defense or Maryville QB is gonna rip them to shreds. 

What I meant by my comment wasn't that they tore us to pieces ... quite the contrary, as you so elequently noted above, but that they were really quick and fast, and the QB got the ball to them in a flash, which gave them time to look upfield and try make a move or two. However, the Whitehaven DBs did what they always do, which is to close the gap in the blink of an eye, and make an open field takle. We did that all night with supreme precision. I think our DBs are the best in high school in Tennessee as a corp. But, the CR offense put pressure on us, in that manner. That's what I meant anyway. That was two of the best defenses in the state going after each other.

Edited by kwc