3A STATE TITLE GAME - ALCOA VS COVINGTON

CHARGERFAN

2 hours ago, Throwdeslant said:

Mr. Football award should have been his to lose. Should have at least made the list. The voters missed that one big time!

Could not agree more!!  #23 was the most valuable player in 3A. No one else in 3A played as well or was an impactful against great completion.  Look what he did against Maryville, DB and Covington, Could any other 3A players this year match his performance against schools of that quality?

3 hours ago, 32hammer said:

Could not agree more!!  #23 was the most valuable player in 3A. No one else in 3A played as well or was an impactful against great completion.  Look what he did against Maryville, DB and Covington, Could any other 3A players this year match his performance against schools of that quality?

None of the three finalists in 3A play on as loaded of an all around team either.  That argument goes both ways.  

I do agree reed though that he was a great high school football player and led an awesome football team to great things.....again!

2 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

None of the three finalists in 3A play on as loaded of an all around team either.  That argument goes both ways.  

I do agree reed though that he was a great high school football player and led an awesome football team to great things.....again!

Agree Howdy! However, he was a semi finalist for the award last year. The only way he shouldn’t have, at least, made the list is if he had not played this year or had a drop off in numbers. I don’t think he had either. For Jack to have not made the list was a bust...

Edited by Throwdeslant
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

What about all the people that said PC was more talented than Alcoa this year? I'm not trying to just be argumentative and contrary, but Jack played better, was more impactful against the best completion of any player in 3A this year.  Look at what the finalists did against the best competition vs what #23 did against Maryville, DB and Covington.

14 hours ago, Throwdeslant said:

Agree Howdy! However, he was a semi finalist for the award last year. The only way he shouldn’t have, at least, made the list is if he had not played this year or had a drop off in numbers. I don’t think he had either. For Jack to have not made the list was a bust...

100% Agree!  Look at individual performances against end of the season ranked teams and compare.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 10:29 PM, howdoitknow said:

3A All-State Locks (Just My Opinion)

QB:  Russell (Alcoa)

RB:  Grandberry (Raleigh-Egypt)

RB:  James (Fairview)

WR:  Parker (Pearl-Cohn)

WR:  Winfrey (Covington)

LB:  Warwick (Alcoa)

Good list. I think I may post my All State team as well , just to get others thoughts.

• 3 weeks later...
On December 1, 2017 at 1:59 PM, howdoitknow said:

98 and 12 were both extremely impressive to just be freshmen in high school.  There were several other standouts from their team that I was very impressed with watching.  

On a side note after the game last night myself and a couple of coaching colleagues were leaving the hotel to go have dinner in Cookeville.  As I exited the hotel lobby we encountered a woman who was obviously an Alcoa supporter.  I told her that they Alcoa was a very impressive football team and that they looked great against a very good Covington team.  I told her what a great job Coach Rankin has done at elevating the football program since arriving there.  That was when she told us that she was actually Mrs. Rankin.  

The next time I attend an Alcoa game I'd definitely like to meet some of the members of the Goon Squad from CoachT.  

That wasn't Mrs. Rankin. It was Booger. He likes to go drag!!!