2A State Title Union City vs Tyner Academy

fallguy17

Union City by 3 T D's.  No one is going to stop our offense except two Cardinal Teams, one of which is playing also next week for a state title in Kentucky, that being Mayfield.  The other cardinal team ( Adamsville ), well, we stopped ourselves.  Mayfield is the ONLY team that beat us like a drum.  Union City's weight programs is designed to get kids this far in the season.  There is NO OTHER SCHOOL locally that     does weights like the Union City Team.  Their practice is tougher than some of their games.  I like Union City in this game.  They have to stop us, we will score and control clock.

After what I saw first hand last night, I have to go with UC hands down.  I don't think any of the 3A or 4A teams would want to play them.  Mayfield must be a machine if they shut out UC.  BUT it was the first game of the season. Sometimes all the pieces aren't in place the first game.  It'd be a great game to watch if they played now.

21 minutes ago, OldMain said:

After what I saw first hand last night, I have to go with UC hands down.  I don't think any of the 3A or 4A teams would want to play them.  Mayfield must be a machine if they shut out UC.  BUT it was the first game of the season. Sometimes all the pieces aren't in place the first game.  It'd be a great game to watch if they played now.

UC is very good for a 2A school but to think any 3a or 4a team wouldn't want to play them is funny.  Alcoa and Greeneville would win convincingly against UC 

If UC plays like they did last night we will win ... If we can put a defensive performance together like we did against CA we will win ... Know nothing about Tyner ... They have to be really good to get this far ... We are 60-6 since the start of the 2013 season ... I think we have played a schedule that has gotten us prepared to play this game ... I noticed where our schedule was ranked low by CoachT ... Their rankings don't include out of state opponents ... Mayfield is 12 or 13 and 1 while Poth, TX ended up 9-2 with UC being their only regular season loss ... Our schedule was tough ... GO TORNADOES and bring home #4 !!! ...

2 hours ago, OldMain said:

I saw that game on film.  UC moved the ball at will.  Too many mistakes.  The only team that challenged UC in the playoffs was Peabody which was without its best running back and linebacker.  With that said, UC more than likely will bring home the Gold.  That veer will wear you down.  You better score.  UC is peaking at the right time.  Season games don't matter when you get to the playoffs.  Good luck UC.  Bring the gold home for West Tn.

2 hours ago, fallguy17 said:

Our defense has been suspect most of the season. Last week against Peabody it finally started to gel . This week it solidified. Just at the right.

Yes it did.  You guys were one catch away from over time or a loss. If our running back and linebacker was able to play, things may have been different.  But you guys won and now we support you guys even after the stupid remarks were made about the 2015 team.  Good luck