2A State Title Union City vs Tyner Academy

fallguy17

1 hour ago, Purple & Gold Standard said:

If UC plays like they did last night we will win ... If we can put a defensive performance together like we did against CA we will win ... Know nothing about Tyner ... They have to be really good to get this far ... We are 60-6 since the start of the 2013 season ... I think we have played a schedule that has gotten us prepared to play this game ... I noticed where our schedule was ranked low by CoachT ... Their rankings don't include out of state opponents ... Mayfield is 12 or 13 and 1 while Poth, TX ended up 9-2 with UC being their only regular season loss ... Our schedule was tough ... GO TORNADOES and bring home #4 !!! ...

With Peabody being your toughest region opponet.  I know Adamsville beat you guys and Mckenzie came close.  But I don't think any of those teams would have been a challenge for you guys in the playoffs.  Peabody returns all those skill people and will have some experience linemen coming back.  Not to mention our running back who we lost before the season started.  He is also a good linebacker.  But this thread is about UC.  I will rest until next year. For now, UC has a chance to bring back the gold to Union City and West Tenn. and the region

15 minutes ago, allgoodlf said:

With Peabody being your toughest region opponet.  I know Adamsville beat you guys and Mckenzie came close.  But I don't think any of those teams would have been a challenge for you guys in the playoffs.  Peabody returns all those skill people and will have some experience linemen coming back.  Not to mention our running back who we lost before the season started.  He is also a good linebacker.  But this thread is about UC.  I will rest until next year. For now, UC has a chance to bring back the gold to Union City and West Tenn. and the region

Sounds like your only problem next year is that you're still stuck in the same region.

43 minutes ago, allgoodlf said:

Dang I thought Albea was a Senior.  He'llbe a big boost next yr 

52 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Jones is a very good ball carrier for UC from what I saw he broke the schools single season rushing record.  Congrats young man. 

Curious. In an interview with the Sun he said he wasn't expecting this much success when he moved to UC. Where'd he come from?

Trey and his family moved to Union City back 4 or so years ago.   He has had some injury issues in his young career.  If he had been able to play more his 10th and 11th grade years more, he would have easily had 3000 plus yards in his career.  Great young man also.

6 hours ago, ucdiditagain said:

Union City by 3 T D's.  No one is going to stop our offense except two Cardinal Teams, one of which is playing also next week for a state title in Kentucky, that being Mayfield.  The other cardinal team ( Adamsville ), well, we stopped ourselves.  Mayfield is the ONLY team that beat us like a drum.  Union City's weight programs is designed to get kids this far in the season.  There is NO OTHER SCHOOL locally that     does weights like the Union City Team.  Their practice is tougher than some of their games.  I like Union City in this game.  They have to stop us, we will score and control clock.

Wow what arrogance. Anything can happen on any given day.  

I have UC adding another gold ball to the case.

Darren Bowling has taken this school to the next level. UC has always been a school rich in talent but DB is the only one to turn it into gold. A few silvers for you guys though and no disrespect at all to the coaches to come before him...Namely coach Barnes

Edited by WarEagleCartman

Union City will take this one. I think it will be a good first half. Tyner has some quick kids, huge o line, and a very smart head coach. I want to say Tyner stays in the game until late but I have got to say that Union City will show out quick and put The Rams in a hole that they won't be able to come out of. Union City is a very good team but Tyner is looking good. Just ask the people from Marion County about Tyner. A lot of them people counted the Rams out and we know what happened. 

1 minute ago, TheOlMan said:

Union City will take this one. I think it will be a good first half. Tyner has some quick kids, huge o line, and a very smart head coach. I want to say Tyner stays in the game until late but I have got to say that Union City will show out quick and put The Rams in a hole that they won't be able to come out of. Union City is a very good team but Tyner is looking good. Just ask the people from Marion County about Tyner. A lot of them people counted the Rams out and we know what happened. 

Tell them about it. That Union City attack is a different animal isn't it? We've seen it several times. It's just tough to do business against them. 

23 minutes ago, TheOlMan said:

MC had an uphill battle all year just trying to get young kids some experience. We lost 16 starters last year and many of them were 3 year starters. For the last 4 years to get to Cookeville you had to beat us. Tyner was able to do it this year. When they went up 21-7 you could tell our kids felt it slipping away. I actually thought MC would take that game and after watching film on Meigs and Rockwood I felt confident in a semi final game too. We will use that to help us get better for next season. I am pulling for the Rams but I do realize it will be a tough battle. The ground game for UC is methodical.