Three days of non competitive games

Indian

7 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

No Idea if this year was a fluke, but in my opinion there were some "upsets" in the west that contributed to a couple of the lopsided games. Huntingdon and Haywood County didn't make it to Cookeville (their own fault) but in my humble (no disrespect to Cornersville or Springfield) opinion were much better suited to play against the competition faced from the east. 

I somewhat agree that the privates select their student body, so in effect a school consisting of a small number of students could compete with anyone if it were their intent. No idea how to eliminate an agenda if there is one in that case, unless TSSAA regulates "athletic scholarships" as colleges do.

And they used to do that.  Only allowed 3 or 4 per team.  They still won but no where near the disparity as now.  

The quality of a state championship is so diminished with 6 public and 3 private. The state of Tennessee is not large enough to justify this many classifications.  It is almost like little league giving participation trophies  

And no more private schools competing in public sector. 

• Upvote 1

We have more Divisions than Florida and Georgia , who have many more people !! I wish we would just throw everybody back together and have 4 , at the most 5 Classes , I think the overall play would improve , make the Gold balls even more precious ! I understand there's a lot of people who want the Privates separate , and if we do that 2 classes for Private , 4 for Public ! 9 With our Population is ridiculous 

50 minutes ago, pepvol said:

We have more Divisions than Florida and Georgia , who have many more people !! I wish we would just throw everybody back together and have 4 , at the most 5 Classes , I think the overall play would improve , make the Gold balls even more precious ! I understand there's a lot of people who want the Privates separate , and if we do that 2 classes for Private , 4 for Public ! 9 With our Population is ridiculous 

And Tennessee has only 1 less that Texas, which has 5 times the population of Tennessee.  

It's just an insane system in Tennessee right now.  Makes absolutely no sense what so ever.  

Too many classes and the eastern half of the state was just that much stronger than the western half. There is no disrespect meant by this, but Farragut, Bradley Central, and Oakland would have all beaten Cane Ridge in 6A alone. And that's just teams Maryville played in playoffs. I suspect the same would be said of Cookeville, Riverdale, and Blackman too.