Three days of non competitive games

Indian

22 hours ago, HTV said:

Been told by several ADs that the visiting team actually comes out better in most cases.  They have a bus bill and a meal or two to take care of and that's pretty much it for expenses.  

The home team has to take care of normal home game expenses (gate workers, security, etc.) out of their take.  

But if either breaks even, again from what I have been told, they are fortunate.  

Thank you.

Nice racket the T$$AA has going.

Edited by plumb69

Some of us have been saying the T$$AA is nothing but a racket for years.  They counter with we make sure we have 'officials'.  OK, but how many of us are really satisfied with the state of the officials state wide.  T$$AA counters with we do not have enough officials.  Anybody think it may be because there are way too many games to officiate because of a stupid amount of classes?

Now lets talk about all the EXPENSES the T$$AA want the member schools to foot the bills for.  How many 'meetings' do they REALLY need a year?  Why do they have to have them ALL over the place?  How many of said meetings are out of state?  Do they, I honestly do not know, but like lots of other things I have 'heard' they do.

Will we go back to a sane amount of classes?  Nope!   Way too much money being made on it as it is now.  Now lets talk about something no one has mentioned.  Money is down because of a lack of attendance.  OK, but how much 'TV' money is being generated?  Has anyone seen an accounting of it?

There are more swamps that need drained besides the one in DC! 

• Like 1

The topics of low attendence and tv money have been brought up. Does tssaa have any oversight?  Who are they and their decisions accountable to? They are in court now for trying to tow the line in Memphis(see boys bb, sub topic Memphis bb). Hard job  I guess, but some of their decisions don't seem to be for the general good.

On 12/2/2017 at 10:39 PM, Indian said:

All but two or three. What's a solution?

-Drop to five classes and two classes in Division II?

-Add another week with champions playing each other. Division II-AAA champ vs 6A champ, etc. Basketball coaches already wanting players back wouldn't like this one.

-Bring all the privates back, start with Brentwood Academy etc in 6A. 

-Classify schools by long term success, or a mix of a success and enrollment.

-Z plan returns, if a less confusing plan could be worked out.

-Leave it as is.

-Other

Separate the East from the West and Middle?

It would be interesting to develop some type of formula to rank the  Semi-final teams at the end of the season.   This would involve elements such as Strength of schedule, region finish, home and away wins etc..   Combine this formula with a very specific number of media members recognized for their Statewide coverage to rank the final four teams.   Poll the selected media members for the 1-4 rankings and then combine that with the computer rankings and set the matchups.   One vs. Four and Two vs. Three for the semi-finals.   Top ranked team hosts (one and two).   Then have a legit title game in Cookeville for each class.  

This would be inline with our current College Football Championship.

The upside to this plan is the four semi-finalist still must play their way into the Title game so they can't be "left out" like the college version.   

Edited by FreeAgent11