Christian Bros Takes Blackhorse

Nainten

CBHS took the annual Blackhorse team title by outpacing Brother Martin 308 to 299.5 at Houston yesterday.  Arlington (201) and Blackman (191)  rounded out the top 4 but they were a distant 3rd and 4th as evidenced by the point totals.  The Brothers did it on the strength of 4 champions (Bowers-132, Doty-182, Brackett-195, and Walthall-220) as well as 4 other wrestlers battling back to win their consolation brackets (Anthony-126, Brooks-145, Hodge-152, Healy-hwt).  Dayne Dalrymple-106 made it into the finals but could not quite close it out.  This is a really well rounded team with depth and top-end wrestlers at several weights.  They are going to be the devil to beat in a dual. 

• Upvote 1

Nice to see CBHS finally get back on top at Black Horse... Brother Martin always brings a very tough team.  That was a heck of a team race and they needed some help from other teams to knock off the BM kids here and there.

I am excited to see what CBHS can do this year, especially as the line-up shakes out at a few weights and everyone gets into mid-season form.

Edited by ghouse
  • Upvote 1

So glad to see Bowers wrestling for the Bros. He will definitely be a great addition to a CBHS state championship team this year. I am very happy (assuming) Bower's could get the approval of TSSAA and check these rules off: In order for a transfer student with an athletic record to be eligible at another school there must be a bona fide change of residence by the athlete’s parents; All transfer students must be approved by the Executive Director of TSSAA before participating in any game or contest. Love seeing kids like this pursuing what they love, even at the extent of changing schools, so they can become a top wrestler in the country. 

14 minutes ago, hoosierdad said:

fooseball, what happened to your post?

Certainly Bowers and his parents moved to Memphis.  

I guess one of the moderators deleted because they know it’s the truth. The tssaa should be ashamed of themselves. Everybody knows, and for them to still not clear Wysong but clear Bowers is complete bs. Everybody knows that Bowers was coached by Harrison last summer in North Carolina at flight time duels. It was all over the internet for God’s sake.

Edited by fooseball95

Didn't the wrestler and his parents move.  Is that not enough to make him eligible if the parents change residence?  I did read an article where TSSAA would not let 2 transfer become eligible for one of the Memphis basketball teams with one of the players transferring from Nashville because they played for the coach in the summer.

Anybody have any knowledge of the rule?

31 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

I guess one of the moderators deleted because they know it’s the truth. The tssaa should be ashamed of themselves. Everybody knows, and for them to still not clear Wysong but clear Bowers is complete bs. Everybody knows that Bowers was coached by Harrison last summer in North Carolina at flight time duels. It was all over the internet for God’s sake.

He was coached in "Freestyle". TSSAA sees that as a different sport.