Al Miller Cleveland Duals

JBoskenUSAW

This Saturaday, December 9th, Cleveland High School will be hosting the Al Miller Cleveland Duals. Out of the 16 teams competing this year, 10 of the top 12 teams ranked in TN will be competing. Below are the pools. I am unsure on the broadcasting situation yet. I will post when I am informed. Wrestling begins at 8:30 am ET.

Pool A
McCallie
Bradley
Heritage GA
Gilmer

Pool B
Science Hill
Christian Brothers
Carrollton GA
Cleveland B

Pool C 
Baylor
Beech Halls
SE High School GA
Halls

Pool D
Cleveland A
Father Ryan
Vestavia Hills
Arlington

Winner A vs B

Winner C vs D

• Upvote 1

Going to be a great event, sad I won't be able to make it up to watch.

Always interesting to see what the team rosters look like this event because it always seems one or two teams are missing a starter for ACT, football all-stars, etc. on this weekend and it makes for some shuffling, etc. to try and cover.  Not to mention the general descent plan issues that some teams are likely still working through.

Going to be some great duals even in the pools, let alone once you get to the cross-brackets.

• Upvote 1

Does it really matter what pool a team is in?  If a team is not good enough to win their pool they are not good enough to win the tournament.  Science Hill is in a good pool and should have a solid test when they compete against Christian Brothers.  This is an early season event and should be about wrestling against a series of solid teams.

Who is the Beech Halls team?  Is it some combination of Beech High School and Halls High School?

Edited by cbg
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, cbg said:

Does it really matter what pool a team is in?  If a team is not good enough to win their pool they are not good enough to win the tournament.  Science Hill is in a good pool and should have a solid test when they compete against Christian Brothers.  This is an early season event and should be about wrestling against a series of solid teams.

Who is the Beech Halls team?  Is it some combination of Beech High School and Halls High School?

I believe that is a mistake

58 minutes ago, cbg said:

Could be wrong but I believe that would be a typo

2 hours ago, cbg said:

No, I don't think it matters at all in terms of who would win the tournament.  All 4 pools all loaded and every team in the tournament will see very good competition Saturday.   I was more of wondering if coaches asked to be on opposite ends of certain teams, or if it was truly a blind drawn. 

3 hours ago, cbg said:

I believe that is a typo, but if those two schools combined teams than that is my pick to win the tournament! lol

On 12/5/2017 at 11:01 AM, DaBears1976 said:

It would have been nice to see SH in Pool D. See if they're Cleveland worthy or not. Heck of a line up.

If they can win Group B (the SH/CBHS match could be the best in the tourney)  then they will get the Bradley/McCallie winner in all likelihood. If they get through that to the final, I’d say they are ready. And they would then give Cleveland all the fight they can handle. But they gotta get there first.